6 people are viewing this hotel
Reviews (2 023)
2 023 results
1 732
1 732
All reviews shanghai terrace lobby restaurant z bar fax machine room service four seasons dressing area turn down service executive suite michigan avenue the ritz carlton luxury hotel the magnificent mile hotel experience concierge desk the windy city mag mile
Selected filters
158 - 163 of 2 023 reviews
Reviewed 5 June 2019

An excellent hotel. Every wish was fulfilled, even special new mattresses for my wife were bought. My stay was like a second home. We lived there for two weeks.
Nearby are also very good restaurants at good prices.

Date of stay: October 2018
Maria Z, Manager at The Peninsula Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2019

Dear Willy050,

Thank you for visiting The Peninsula Chicago and for taking the time to share your thoughtful review. We are pleased to learn that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us and that the team made your visit memorable.

We hope to have the privilege of welcoming you and your wife back again when your travels bring you to Chicago.

Reviewed 5 June 2019

Great accommodation at a great location in downtown Chicago. We had a very spacious room with fine furnishings. The location is convent for all Chicago attractions including Wrigley, restaurants, Soldier field, and needless to say the Magnificent mile.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Road763477,

Thank you for visiting The Peninsula Chicago and for your nice comments. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our property conveniently located to Chicago's main attractions.

We hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back again when your travels bring you to Chicago.

Reviewed 5 June 2019 via mobile

A extra good location in downtown chicago ,most of attractions are within walking distance and an excellent hospitality,top reception and restaurants, relaxed beds in a clean arrangement of all the room

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Heshamabdelaziz

Dear Heshamabdelaziz,

Thank you for visiting The Peninsula Chicago and for your complimentary review. We truly appreciate your comments on our great service, facilities and the location of our property.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Peninsula Chicago.

Reviewed 4 June 2019 via mobile

My wife and I have stayed in some pretty nice hotels. This one was the most luxurious yet.

We enter and walk past some swanky advertising (I'm cynical, sure, but it truly was gorgeously decorated). The first desk isn't check-in, turn left. We were checked in by ... Lisa, I believe. Throughout the stay, she was fantastic. She should be promoted or raised - best-in-class responses. From Paris to Portland and cities in between, she's the most professional staff member I have ever met. We were escorted to our room, and we're pretty taken aback. The first picture was in the front room. It had its own large-screen TV and full office supports. The coffee maker worked beautifully and even the stemware felt above par. We then were instructed on how to operate the suite by electronic guide (pic 3). Touchpad curtains, lights, & music - a first for us. The whole room can be operated by touch. The bed was a great sleep. The lights in here we're a little tricky. The vanity room and bathroom were great. The shower is a scooch small, but with two large vanities and a tub that has its own small tv... I've been in smaller and less substantial showers.

Anything we needed or requested was either quickly supplied or slyly adjusted. For example, a couple of days before my spa treatment, I tried on the room robe and found it small for me (I'm overweight). I left it with the used towels. *Without mention or request*, it was replaced with a robe big enough to wear to the spa. When I asked for extra water bottles, if I requested two, I got four. Asking for four, they brought six. After two nights of using my CPAP machine, they left a bottle of distilled water for my machine *without request*.

Granted, this was the most expensive hotel suite per night we've stayed in. That said, money well spent! We sat, slept, & watched TV in every bit of a well-appointed luxury suite with daily and special staff that made us feel like we were truly valued as VIPs. It's vacation, and you want to feel really special and like you're living the good life. Peninsula made that happen for us.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear RhinanLaville,

Thank you for choosing The Peninsula Chicago and for sharing your wonderful review. We are very happy to read that you and your wife enjoyed your accommodations, the amenities and our detailed service. We want to provide a truly unique experience and we are thrilled we exceeded your expectations. I will be sure to share your note with the team.

We all look forward to your return visit, hopefully again soon!

Reviewed 2 June 2019 via mobile

Stay was good. Only food in lobby restaurant was really sub par. As was service. Grew old waiting to get served and older waiting for the mediocre food. Room is nice, however this time air conditioning was feeble. They came to fix it but never did. Disappointing considering how expensive the room rates are. All in all the staff are nice and it’s still one of my favorites in Chicago.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Restman18
Maria Z, Manager at The Peninsula Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2019

Dear Restman18,

Thank you for choosing The Peninsula Chicago and for your continued patronage. We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We apologize for the poor service and the issue you experienced with the temperature in your room. We appreciate hearing your feedback as an opportunity to improve our services and guest experiences.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Peninsula Chicago!