2 people have started booking this hotel
Reviews (2 023)
2 023 results
1 732
1 732
All reviews shanghai terrace lobby restaurant z bar fax machine room service four seasons dressing area turn down service executive suite michigan avenue the ritz carlton luxury hotel the magnificent mile hotel experience concierge desk the windy city mag mile
Selected filters
160 - 165 of 2 023 reviews
Reviewed 5 June 2019 via mobile

A extra good location in downtown chicago ,most of attractions are within walking distance and an excellent hospitality,top reception and restaurants, relaxed beds in a clean arrangement of all the room

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Heshamabdelaziz
Maria Z, Manager at The Peninsula Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2019

Dear Heshamabdelaziz,

Thank you for visiting The Peninsula Chicago and for your complimentary review. We truly appreciate your comments on our great service, facilities and the location of our property.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Peninsula Chicago.

Reviewed 4 June 2019 via mobile

My wife and I have stayed in some pretty nice hotels. This one was the most luxurious yet.

We enter and walk past some swanky advertising (I'm cynical, sure, but it truly was gorgeously decorated). The first desk isn't check-in, turn left. We were checked in by ... Lisa, I believe. Throughout the stay, she was fantastic. She should be promoted or raised - best-in-class responses. From Paris to Portland and cities in between, she's the most professional staff member I have ever met. We were escorted to our room, and we're pretty taken aback. The first picture was in the front room. It had its own large-screen TV and full office supports. The coffee maker worked beautifully and even the stemware felt above par. We then were instructed on how to operate the suite by electronic guide (pic 3). Touchpad curtains, lights, & music - a first for us. The whole room can be operated by touch. The bed was a great sleep. The lights in here we're a little tricky. The vanity room and bathroom were great. The shower is a scooch small, but with two large vanities and a tub that has its own small tv... I've been in smaller and less substantial showers.

Anything we needed or requested was either quickly supplied or slyly adjusted. For example, a couple of days before my spa treatment, I tried on the room robe and found it small for me (I'm overweight). I left it with the used towels. *Without mention or request*, it was replaced with a robe big enough to wear to the spa. When I asked for extra water bottles, if I requested two, I got four. Asking for four, they brought six. After two nights of using my CPAP machine, they left a bottle of distilled water for my machine *without request*.

Granted, this was the most expensive hotel suite per night we've stayed in. That said, money well spent! We sat, slept, & watched TV in every bit of a well-appointed luxury suite with daily and special staff that made us feel like we were truly valued as VIPs. It's vacation, and you want to feel really special and like you're living the good life. Peninsula made that happen for us.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear RhinanLaville,

Thank you for choosing The Peninsula Chicago and for sharing your wonderful review. We are very happy to read that you and your wife enjoyed your accommodations, the amenities and our detailed service. We want to provide a truly unique experience and we are thrilled we exceeded your expectations. I will be sure to share your note with the team.

We all look forward to your return visit, hopefully again soon!

Reviewed 2 June 2019 via mobile

Stay was good. Only food in lobby restaurant was really sub par. As was service. Grew old waiting to get served and older waiting for the mediocre food. Room is nice, however this time air conditioning was feeble. They came to fix it but never did. Disappointing considering how expensive the room rates are. All in all the staff are nice and it’s still one of my favorites in Chicago.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Restman18
Maria Z, Manager at The Peninsula Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2019

Dear Restman18,

Thank you for choosing The Peninsula Chicago and for your continued patronage. We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We apologize for the poor service and the issue you experienced with the temperature in your room. We appreciate hearing your feedback as an opportunity to improve our services and guest experiences.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Peninsula Chicago!

Reviewed 2 June 2019

We stayed at the Peninsula for a short weekend in the city. Everything was perfectly executed down to the last detail. In addition to a great location and wonderful room the staff was very helpful without being overbearing. My wife has been to spas in many different places and this is one of her favorites.

Date of stay: October 2018
1  Thank jkb66

Dear jkb66,

Thank you for choosing The Peninsula Chicago. We are happy to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us, The Spa and the location of our property.

We look forward to welcoming you and your wife back again soon.

Reviewed 30 May 2019

This hotel was simply amazing. Our room was perfection - we felt so pampered. Every detail is addressed, every need met. The furnishings were stylish and just felt so luxurious. All of the room controls (temp, lights, tv, housekeeping) could be controlled (easily) by iPads scattered throughout the room. The bed was heaven - and the room darkening shades kept the room pitch black even after the sun came up allowing us to sleep in. All of the staff - from reception to concierge to housekeeping were so gracious and helpful. We had some trouble at breakfast one morning - it appears they were understaffed and the servers were running, bussing and refilling drinks and we waited forever, which was so out of character with the rest of our experience but I cannot let it sour my impressions of this hotel. Loved this place and cannot wait to stay there again.

Date of stay: May 2019
1  Thank philly7677
Maria Z, Manager at The Peninsula Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2019

Dear philly7677,

Thank you for choosing The Peninsula Chicago and for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and our service. We also appreciate you sharing your feedback about your experience at breakfast. I will be sure to review your comments with the team.

We all look forward to your return visit, hopefully again soon!