“Benny and the prop plsne, not jet”
Review of Benny's Chop House

Benny's Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
Benny's Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #77 of 10 255 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$35 - US$75
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Illinois
Description: At Benny's Chop House we pride ourselves in serving the very best - of everything. All our steaks are 100% USDA Prime, the United States Department of Agriculture's absolute highest quality grading. Less than 3% of all steaks qualify for this exclusive grading. At Benny's you'll be served the most tender, juicy and flavorful steak you've ever experienced. Enjoy! Our seafood from our American East and West Coast Oysters to our Ora King Salmon or our Alaskan Halibut, is the freshest, seasonal seafood and is flown in daily. Our vegetables and sides change with the seasons for maximum flavor and feature local, Midwestern ingredients at their very best. And, as always, save some room for dessert. Our signature S'mores Milk Chocolate Cheesecake and Banana Cream Pie with caramelized bananas are not to be missed. Not to be outdone, our wine, craft beer, and bespoke cocktail offerings are unmatched. We have been recognized by Wine Spectator Magazine for three years in a row, (2012, '13, and '14,) for our extraordinary collection of 1500+ wine labels. Our craft beers are a representation of the world's finest breweries and our creative team of mixologists create unique craft cocktails to match the season. Children are always welcomed at Benny's Chop House and we offer a full children's menu featuring the perfect mix of favorites and variety.
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

It was close to my hotel - Trump town
It was good, not great

I had the whiteish
My guest had the 8oz filet
We shared brussel sprouts and asparagus

The presentation wasn’t bazinga
The flavor was ok
It was a meal

There are many, many better places in Chi Town

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

My friend and I went her for dinner to spoil ourselves a bit. The Sommelier helped pick out our Riesling wine to our specification of taste and it was the best we had ever had. The food was beyond amazing. Everything is “A la cart” but delicious. We had a filet and scallops for our main course. Best steak my friend ever had. Lobster bisque ( tons of lobster) for an appetizer. They pour it in the bowl right at the table. I also had I strip of there maple bacon. It was unbelievable. A mile high piece of chocolate cake followed that could have fed a small family I took 3/4 of it home. It was pricy but you pay for quality and great customer service. Waiters constantly filling up our water and wine glasses. The atmosphere (dim lighting for a 6:30 Sat night reservation) was classy which is exactly what we wanted. Worth the money. It got very busy so reservations are recommended which we did online very easily. Highly recommended high end restaurant.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Better have a wake up call meeting with the waitstaff there Mr. Benny !
Been working our way through the best reviewed Chicago Steak Houses for a while now and was looking forward to our adventure at Benny's.
First let me say I purposely waited a few months after our visit to write this to see if I still felt the same way. Sorry to say...I do.
Wine List.....a little pretentious & over priced you might say. Fairly knowledgeable
about California wines....in fact use that knowledge as as pricing guide for the balance of the wine list. Still recovering from the hernia I suffered from just lifting the tome. Most restaurants mark up double....it seems Benny's list marks up some items
three times cost. There are wines on the list that I only have read about and cost in the thousands.
So we passed on the wine & decided on cocktails instead....that was our first mistake. From the point when the waiter took back the list he must have labeled us in some way because he became a rare visitor to our table.....but..... he practically moved in to the table next to us that was occupied by a trio of Asian gentlemen & their American host or sales rep. The cocktails & wine flowed, witty repartee with the waiter so much so I thought he was putting himself up for adoption.
Long after our cocktails arrived & glasses were about empty....someone took pity on us & asked if we wanted bread. Yes we want bread !
Waiter finally showed up to take our order and trust me that was the last we saw of him at our table at least until he cruised by sometime later and asked on the run if we wanted dessert. PS: dishes still not removed from the table. They sat there for so long I thought it might be my responsibility to bus them myself. Another quick stop over to deliver the check and adios. Before you ask....No the restaurant was not that busy.
The appetizer was so unmemorable neither my wife and I can remember what we had. The wet aged steak was so so for the price (have had better at less acclaimed steak houses like Smith & Wollensky et al). The much vaunted lobster mac and cheese was dry and somewhat paste like.
For a tab just shy of $300 it was mediocre at best.
Sorry Benny's you are living off your past laurels. Chicago Cut, The Palm, Gene & Gorgetti, Rosebud Prime, Gibsons making you look substandard.

1  Thank wino04538
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

If you are not concerned with spending a little more for a superior steak, consider Benny’s. I go once a year as a little higher priced but worth the experience for a special event.

A must side is the maple bacon to compliment the meal along with creamed spinach.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Husband and I shared filet with a salad and 2 sides and 1 glass of wine and bill was still over 100$. Service was excellent and enjoyed the atmosphere