“Watching Soccer”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown / The Loop
Cross street: Madison
Transit: CTA Train - Red at State St/Blue at Dearborn/Orange, Purple, Brown, Green, Pink at Madison
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I have to say my review is more about us getting to watch World Cup Soccer; with sound, people cheering, good price beer, nice waitresses, good food and many TV’s. We ran around to 3 different bars and none had the volume on to hear the game. So happy we found this place. It is really large, has a big bar and many tables all able to watch ur favorite sporting event. We spilt a mushroom burger was perfect. I did hear the waitress say they opened for the early morning game at 9.
We will be back for the next Brazil game.

Reviewed 10 June 2018

Good English/Scottish style pub food, served by waitresses dressed as per the namesake! The food order was on the slow side and the patio is at the end of a very long escalator which made for quite slow service, although it was friendly, and the food and drink prices, for in the loop, were quite reasonable. Just be aware that directly under the "L" the noise level is quite high as the very frequent trains rattle by! On the other hand it was a wonderful spot to people watch all walks of life in the core of downtown Chicago on a warm May night --- it was pleasant for the non city folks we are to be in the hurlyburly of it all!

1  Thank Derek B
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Classic fare including nachos, skins, burgers etc. Good selection of ales and the girls are very easy on the eye

Reviewed 23 March 2018

Went with family and we arrived right at open. Got seated right away and had decent service during our time.

My wife ordered the fish and chips and they were cooked properly and were good as were the mac and cheese. Another good thing about the fish is that its not all batter!

I went on a whim and added meatballs as a side to my club sandwich and my daughter ended up eating the meatballs. I liked the TK sauce which gave the club a little but of spice.

She also liked seeing the train go by the windows. I would have hoped as a Chicago pub that they would have had a greater selection of craft beer from the Chicagoland area.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Traveling on business and wanted a quick meal at a bar. Overpriced food from trashy wait staff in a dive 2nd floor bar facing the L.

Been to Tilted Kilt? Share your experiences!