All reviews rooftop pool the gold coast check in was fast and easy amazing hotel large shower lake view junior suite front desk manager floor to ceiling windows soaking tub hotel guests highly recommend this hotel stayed one night comfortable beds excellent stay the location is perfect walking distance
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Stayed here with my wife while visiting some friends that lived downtown. The hotel common areas are bright, modern and very inviting. The reception staff were outstanding and extremely helpful!

The room is nice. A tad small and kind of dark when I compare it to the properties that I thought the Viceroy is trying to compete with (the Langham, Peninsula, Waldorf, Park Hyatt, etc). The hallways are bright and the doors are great (other hotels should pick up on this)...it felt eclectic but not over the top. It is a nice change from the hallways of properties that go on and on with the same beige colors or wood tones....

The room is clean and the bathroom is nice. My biggest issue really was that the room felt tight and sort of crammed with furniture.

All in all it is a nice hotel but I am up in the air on whether I would go there over the other properties I like downtown.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
ViceroyGMTK, General Manager at Viceroy Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear AlanH1,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your stay with us. We appreciate your kind comments on our reception staff as well as the public area décor. We get many fantastic comments on the brightness and color of the guestroom hallways so I am glad you enjoyed this. We do hope you return in the future. Please do let me know if I can ever be of assistance.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We had a great stay at the Viceroy. Everything was great. The location was perfect close the Magnificent Mile, close to the Red line and many good restaurants. Nice big rooms and bathrooms.I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tracy S

Dear Tracy S,

Glad you hear you had a great stay and that you will be back! We look forward to your return to Viceroy Chicago. Thank you for taking time to do this fantastic review for us.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Concierge servce (Emily and Alex) was outstanding from arranging airport transportation to recommending awesome nearby restaurants. Location of the hotel is perfect and we even was able to enjoy being driven in the house car (Tesla) to the Magnificient Mile to shop. We took a Uber to the Cloud Gate and to the theater district but enjoyed the walk back along State St. The room was very nicely decorated and the lake view was incredible especially as there was a blue moon. The only negative we could think of is the room could of benefited from different / selection of bed pillows. We prefer harder to softer pillows. Room service was quick and was enjoyable. All staff was very helpful and courteous. Great week end experience.!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank PGHTRAVELLER2018

Dear PGHTRAVELLER2018,

Thank you for your wonderful comments on your stay, especially our fantastic Concierge team Emily and Alex! Glad to hear you were able to take advantage of our Tesla house car and that you enjoyed the Lake Michigan views with the additional bonus of the blue moon. We have also taken note of your feedback on the bed pillows and this is greatly appreciated. We hope you return soon!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Great hotel, great staff, great location. The valet attendant was very helpful. Room was a little on the small side, but otherwise exceptional. Great fitness center. Front desk attendant was also a big help in advising about the local area.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank R6625KSjohn

Dear R6625KSjohn,

So happy to hear you had a fantastic stay! Thank you for taking time to share this awesome review. We do hope you come back to visit soon.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

The Viceroy is impressive on many levels.

All the staff are helpful and friendly -- didn't even charge me for collecting and delivering a package -- the rooms are modern and trendy without being impractical, the shower is decent, the views are pretty good, and the location is excellent. You're within walking distance of heaps of Chicago landmarks and near a lot of good food haunts.

The room I stayed in wasn't huge but there was space for everything, including a desk, big TV, couch and wardrobe, and the bathroom had two sliding doors for privacy. The shower was decent and the hairdryer (for those who like that sort of thing) was much better than you should expect of a hotel room.

Oh, and I found out on the last day they have a hotel car -- a Tesla -- that can drive you places.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Jen D

Dear Jen D,

Thank you so much for these high marks! We are happy to hear you had a great stay here at Viceroy Chicago. Please do let me know if I can be of assistance in the future. We look forward to your return!