All reviews elephant and castle purified water art institute great location willis tower union station millennium park very clean hotel downtown chicago blue line would stay here again the financial district small room few blocks within walking distance business center public transportation
Reviewed 28 June 2018

I stayed at this hotel before & thought I would give it another try. I was very disappointed. The small cubicle rooms have not changed. Most of all the Front Desk staff is very rude & unhelpful. I called the Front Desk to ask if they charge guests for making one (800) call because my cell phone was not working. They said they charged, but could not tell me how much & could not explain why they charge. A man & Lauren told me to look at the "Red Book' which was not in my room. When Lauren offered me the Red Book I said forget it because I was checking out soon. I asked if they could extend my stay by one hour. Lauren told me she would not charge me if I came down & checked out by 1 P.M. Of course the attitude was that she was doing me a favor. I practically had to beg to get the extension. I will never put myself through this again. I paid $223 for this? I have learned my lesson.

Room Tip: There aren't any because they are all the same size!
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Faustina B
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

For us, we don’t have to search for a better hotel in the Chicago loop area. We stayed 5 days so really appreciated the extra comfort of the room with a kitchenette. Big windows allowed natural light into the room even being surrounded by skyscrapers. The ‘extras’ e.g., free wine and appetizers at 5:00, a Keurig coffee pot in the room; filtered and chilled water down the hall make this a great place to come back to. The staff behind the desk, housekeeping, at the door are all friendly and efficient. 5 stars plus!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

The central loop hotel is almost exactly in the centre of the loop which makes transport easy to all corners of the city.

The hotel a block away from state street.

The room I had was okay. It would have been much improved by the addition of a fridge.

The room had the usual hotel noisy heating/air conditioning.

Free wifi is always a bonus.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank allanbowers
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Very clean & comfortable room-king bed and pillows were very comfy. Staff was also very welcoming, helpful & friendly. The in-room Keurig coffee maker was a great amenity as they are few and far between anymore.

Another great amenity was the free refillable water bottles and filtered water stations on each floor by the elevator. It was easy to grab one on the way out for the day, and I refilled mine several times to be more environmentally friendly as I went back & forth to the conference I was attending.

Hotel was very secure and you could use a virtual key on your cell phone if you downloaded their app. They have a lovely wine & cheese happy hour for guests during the week and also attached to a very good pub/restaurant that also provides room service.

Close to Mag Mile and L-trains for ease of getting around the city. Art Institute/Millennium Park is just up the street as well. The only thing I wish they would have had was loaner umbrellas. I had an event at the Art Institute one evening and had to grab a cab as I had no umbrella with me instead of walking the few blocks.

Room Tip: Bathroom small & a bit dated but good for 1 person. No dresser, safe or mini fridge in the room. Closet had plenty of hangars. Plentiful desk space for working & outlets for charging.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Spotted
Reviewed 20 June 2018

What started out as a wonderful hotel visit ended on a sour note. The hotel location, room and amenities were very good and all was well until we arrived home. When we unpacked, I realized that my cosmetics bag had been left behind. I promptly called the hotel and offered to pay to have it mailed back to me. They totally denied seeing it or even finding it. So now I am assuming that housekeeping did not bother to turn it in to their lost and found but kept it. Very disappointed in how the desk staff and manager dealt with this situation. Poor customer service and communication. I had to initiate several phone calls and never did get my bag back. Will not be staying there again!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Diane W