“Best meal of the trip”
Review of Sugar Factory

Sugar Factory
Reserve with OpenTable
Sugar Factory is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #80 of 205 Dessert in Chicago
Description: Sugar Factory American Brasserie is bringing something SWEET to Chicago’s famed River North area, just off the mag mile. Created by a team of world-class chefs, the menu selections include everything from pancakes and sweet and savory crepes to salads, burgers, steaks and shakes, all available throughout the day. This celebrity favorite is sure to satisfy any sweet-tooth craving. Signature treats include famous Couture Pops, Smoking Goblet Cocktails, Candy-Infused Martinis, and the one-and-only King Kong Sundae. This 9300 square foot eatery features prime party and event space including a chef’s table, two private party rooms and retail space, complete with our sweet shop’s signature items. Please dine with us and let Sugar Factory deliver an unforgettable guest experience.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

The food was delicious and there are many unique desserts and drinks. There's also a small candy store. It is a bit pricey.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

I had previously eaten at a Sugar Factory in another city. I assumed that this would be similar in meeting expectations. We only had after dinner coffee and dessert. The service was terrible. My experience has been pretty good when seated at the bar. There were 5 people working behind the bar. After finally placing an order, the $14 Sundae for 2 consisted of 3 scoops of chocolate ice cream with two mounds of whipped cream. I could have gotten better at Dairy Queen for less money. It took even longer to pay out. I have never “dined and dashed”. I had to go over to the hostess to let her know I had left payment where we were seated. I would have to be extremely limited on choices and very hungry to choose this location again.

1  Thank Ginni M
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Be bopped into this place just curious. They had some great looking fishbowl cocktails that were served with dry ice for a great visual effect. Little did I know it was a $35 drink. Ouch! I would have probably rethought that one had I known. The service was NOT good at the bar. Might be fun for some but I would pass next time around.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

I have mixed feeling about the Sugar Factory. I've been to the original in Vegas, the new one there, the one in Belleuve, WA, and now Chicago. The amazing (but pricey) drinks are what keep me coming back. The food is good, not great. The atmosphere is loud and full of younger folks snapping selfies of themselves. The "stars" can be seen in pictures all over the walls, so I imagine some of the draw comes from folks hoping to run into someone famous there. It IS fun, and the drinks ARE good. I like taking people wo have never been before, but I wouldn't choose it as a regular Friday haunt.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Made reservations through Open Table app for a Tuesday at 2pm. Not crowded but still busy. The Watermelon Goblet (alcohol free) was refreshing but not too sweet and enjoyed by the two of us! It is pricey but the food is better than average. The experience was fun and definitely one of the high points for my daughter!

Been to Sugar Factory? Share your experiences!