Reviews (2 007)
2 007 results
1 466
1 466
All reviewscherry circle roomshake shackmillennium parkgames roomrooftop barpommel horsemen's clubmilk barthe beanpublic spacesunique hotelhotel guestscool hotelcloud gatefree coffeehistoric buildingart institute
137 - 142 of 2 007 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We were traveling to Chicago with our dog and needed to find a pet friendly hotel. We came across the Chicago Athletic Association hotel. We weren't sure what to expect, but it exceeded our expectations. We were in town to see Hamilton and the hotel is just a couple of blocks away. The décor and amenities are unique and the facilities have so much character. We loved the game room for a quick bite and a game of shuffleboard. What really made the visit great was the staff. The bellman, Vince, couldn't have been nicer. He greeted us and our dog by name each time we walked in and even held her on her leash while I ran in to get a cup of coffee. We will definitely recommend the hotel and return the next time we are in town!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank DVred
Kristen P, Assistant Front Office Manager at Chicago Athletic Association Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

DVred, thank you for the great review and amazing feedback about one of our bellman, Vince! We are so happy to hear that he was able to make you and your dogs stay that much better. We hope to welcome you back to the CAA soon!

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Jose at Concierge was amazing! He made our stay so special by accommodating a brunch reservation at Cindy's which is always so busy and by sending a birthday cake to or room for my husband! Thanks so much!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

adrianamunozj, thank you for the wonderful review. We are happy to hear our concierge, Jose, was able to assist in creating a wonderful stay for you and your husband. Come back soon!

Reviewed 27 June 2018

The Chicago Athletic Association hotel was recommended by a friend and I was thrilled to find it was even better than I had expected!
On check in, Phil welcomed me to the hotel very warmly, talked me through all the amenities and even went above and beyond giving me a mini tour and taking my bag until the bell-boy arrived.
This isn't your average hotel, it is steeped in character and history with a beautiful roof terrace bar with fantastic views!
I had a junior suite which was so spacious and perfectly appointed. It looked brand new and the furniture and fixtures were all beautifully clean and well maintained. I had lots of room to spread out and was happy to find a large complimentary bottle of water on my arrival. The mini bar was also very well stocked with lots of cool brands and the booze was far from miniature. Just what is needed after a long journey.
I was only stopping for 2 nights but I wish I could have stayed longer, I will definitely be checking back in when I visit Chicago again the same time next year.
If you are umming and ahhing over a hotel, choose this one, you won't regret it!

Room Tip: Junior Suite very spacious
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank mrsmillertron

mrsmillerton, we thank you for the wonderful review about our hotel and the kind words about one of our employees, Phil. We are happy to hear he was able to start your stay off on a great foot and that you enjoyed all the details of your room. We hope to welcome you back to the CAA very soon!

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Loved staying here for a family wedding this past weekend. The architecture of the building has been lovingly restored and is very unique. The staff, at every level, could not have been more friendly and helpful. Don't miss the game room or Cherry Circle restaurant.

Just a quick note that the rooms do not have dressers or drawer space. Many just have a suspended pipe rack for hanging items. Ask for a room with an armoire which will at least give you some shelf space.

Room Tip: Ask for an armoire
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Spencer W, Assistant Front Office Manager at Chicago Athletic Association Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear chris c,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Chicago Athletic Association and for taking the time to share your experience. We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us such a positive review! We love to hear feedback from our guests and truly appreciate your wonderful words and constructive feedback.

Come back soon!

With kind regards,

Spencer
Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed 26 June 2018

I've been a fan of this hotel since it opened, but had not had the opportunity to stay there. I was definitely even more impressed. I flew in for a quick weekend with some friends and stayed in a fantastic room on the Michigan Ave side of the building. The room was beautifully appointed, and sharply designed with modern aesthetic that paired well with the stunning period architecture of the building. I could not have been more happy with the room. The bathroom was beautiful.

Visited the Fairground coffee - really cool, hip. Had a couple of drinks at Cindy's - fabulous rooftop - view, service and cocktails were all top notch.

Looking forward to my next visit in August.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Dear jmprice1011,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Chicago Athletic Association and for taking the time to share such a wonderful review. We are so pleased that you were finally able to enjoy an overnight stay with us, and that we were able to exceed your expectations. We will be sure to share your kind words with the team.

Come back soon!