Reviews (3 422)
1 566
1 083
1 566
1 083
All reviews millennium park gold lounge gold level president's club room service navy pier michigan avenue art institute the river business trip an upgrade lobby bar the magnificent mile the windy city the loop coffee maker corner room
290 - 295 of 3 422 reviews
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The price was right so we headed to Chicago for the weekend. We prefer the Omni or Ritz but the Fairmont had a great deal, plus we love the Fairmonts in Banff, Ottawa and Quebec City. We were in for a disappointment. The room was spacious but sporting a flashing dying overhead light. View was nice. But the lobby was shameful - full of bleary eyes parents loudly extolling the virtues of their boxed wines. Seriously- take it upstairs. Same thing this morning but with Dunkin’ Donuts junk everywhere. Then, we got stuck in an elevator. It was bad - I finally had to pry open the doors when it stopped. I told front desk but heard nothing about it. They could have at least sent up a note of apology. Btw, the gem of this hotel is the doorman!!! Location is great too. But we’ll probably save our $$ for the nicer Fairmonts.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
FairmontChicago, Manager at Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear tdijetta,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I am disappointed that your stay did not live up to your expectations. I have shared your experience with the Director of Engineering to have the elevator inspected.

I hope your travels bring you back to a Fairmont again soon.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Spent five nights here for my national meeting. It certainly beats the Hyatt but it has gone downhill the past couple of years. Housekeeping is average and dies. It always fully re stock supplies or towels. And calling for additional towels or tissues may take 5-6 hours. Do not count on their restaurant- it is vey sub standard with poor service and very average food. And room service is inconsistent and the charging is odd- the two egg option on the hang tag for room service breakfast is $41.44 but on the second and third day when housekeeping did not leave a hang tag and the night room service clerk said "oh, you just want the two egg midwestern breakfast, the charge ends up being $44.85! Oh well it is a great way for them to make a few extra bucks. Perhaps next year I will try the Swisshotel.

Stayed: April 2018
FairmontChicago, Manager at Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Dear TravelerONE2468,
Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your feedback about your experience. I have shared your comments with the Director of Housekeeping and the Director of Food & Beverage. These inconsistencies are not up to our standards.

I hope your travels bring you back to the Windy City again soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 30 March 2018

We decided to extend our stay in Chicago since were were having so much fun. We ended up staying at two different hotels - the Sheraton Grand and the Fairmont Millennium Park. We got the deals on Hotwire so the hotels were randomly selected. The Sheraton was fine but we liked the Fairmont better for a few reasons: 1. The staff were excellent and very, very friendly and helpful. They seemed to genuinely care you were there. The staff were fine at the Sheraton but the welcome felt trained into them. 2. The hotel had a bit more character than the Sheraton Grand. The Sheraton Grand felt like it could have been in any city. The Fairmont had a special quality. 3. The bathroom was amazing - a very nice soaking tub! After a long day of museums, that was a very welcome amenity. 4. The towels were bigger than the Sheraton and the bed and pillows were more comfortable. 5. The location was better than the Sheraton Grand. Ubers had a hard time finding us at the Sheraton Grand as the GPS was giving them wrong directions to cross the river. 6. I'll say it again....the staff at the Fairmont were amazing.

Down sides: 1. You have to pay for WiFi and that was very annoying. 2. The hotel looks likes it needs to be refreshed a little - some paint and furniture update would be good. 3. no pool. This didn't bother my husband or I, but my 8 year old was a little disappointed.

Even with the very minor down sides, we liked the Fairmont far better than the Sheraton Grand. All in all, an excellent stay. On our next trip to Chicago we will try to stay at the Fairmont Millennium Park again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear jonheat2006,
Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled that you chose the Fairmont to extend your Windy City getaway. Thank you for your lovely compliments. We pride ourselves on making each guest's stay special and I am so pleased that we hit the mark for you stay.

May I suggest for your next stay, membership in our frequent guest program, Fairmont President's Club. Membership is complimentary and includes guestroom internet access and fitness center access.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

The Fairmont Millennium Park is in a scenic, safe, (mostly) walkable part of town. Rooms and bathrooms are large, elevators are abundant, and they have a very good selection of alcoholic drinks. If you don't often stay at Fairmont properties, be sure to check out the full list of available amenities, such as workout clothes that you can borrow. There's also turndown service and local beers (for purchase) in the room minibar.

Chicago has many nice but tired hotels, and this is/was one of them (we stayed last year and there was remodeling going on, so it may be better by now). Some of the areas of the room were showing its age, like peeling leather surfaces on the edges of the bedframe.

Parking is mad expensive, but you might want to consider it anyway since it's hard to get parking in this part of Chicago. Unless you're well-acquainted with the area, you'll probably end up in some labyrinthine underground passageway under the Fox News HQ for half an hour while trying to get in or out.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Hraymond,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. You are correct, we have just completed a complete refresh of our guestrooms. May I suggest for your next stay, many hotels offer parking bundled with a guestroom at a value.

I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

We stayed at the Fairmont on a recent weekend trip to Chicago. We found all staff members were helpful and courteous. We used the valet parking for the weekend and chose to use the 'in and out' option to have access to the car at times over the weekend. Parking at the hotel per day is a bit over $70, but the service and access was worth it.

Our rooms were very comfortable and very quiet. The only comment that the group noted was that the TV in the rooms is equipped so that that family could not hook up an XBox or other device to keep the kids busy while the adults were out.

We had meals and drinks at the Columbus Tap. There was a reasonable number of craft beer offerings at the tap and the food that accompanied our beverages was right on.

On one morning our large group had breakfast at the Millenium Room where most of the group had the breakfast buffet. Everything was fresh and hot, and with a wide variety of breakfast options. Those that ordered off the menu were happy with their meals.

The location is within walking distance of many Chicago treasures. We all would visit the Fairmont again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear Michael V,
Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your Chicago getaway and it sounds like your meeting went well.

May I suggest for your next hotel stay, many hotels offer parking bundled with a guestroom at a value.

I hope to welcome you back to the Fairmont again soon.