“Great place for lunch”

Good for: Groups
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: West Loop
Cross street: Ogden
Transit: Ashland on Greenline (Metro); Ashland / Ogden on #56 (Bus)
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Really interesting menu with lots of unique dishes. There are some great vegetarian options, as well. Outdoor seating is nice on a nice day. Street parking was not too bad during lunch. We'll go back again for dinner.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

Urbanbelly and it's sister, bellyQ share the same location but have different menus. At Ubanbelly you order at the counter, get a number, find seats at the bench tables and wait for your food. bellyQ is more formal with regular sit down table service.

I have enjoyed meals at both places but am partial to Urbanbelly for its more casual atmosphere. However, I don't think people would be disappointed at either restaurant.

Another plus for me is that you can usually find free parking on the street near the restaurant.

1  Thank Chiguy064
Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

Far West Loop upscale fast serve with Millennial vibe sharing space with BellyQ. Offerings are panAsian with an American sensibility.

Went with a senior citizen set who had a little trouble deciphering the menu, but whole heartedly enjoyed their selections. Portions are sizable. I recommend the spiced edamame and the curry pho. Also the house libation concoctions are worth a try.

Interior decor sports a living wall and picnic seating on trunk stools. Patio seating available in warm weather, but lots of road noise on Ogden side.

Reviewed 28 January 2018

My daughter and I decided to try Urbanbelly after visiting relatives in the area and also because it had been featured on the show Unique Eats. We ordered the Pork and Cilantro dumplings, Fried Rice with Chicken and Lemongrass and Fried Rice with Pork Belly and Pineapple. Super yummy and plentiful. We could have made a meal of just those delicious dumplings. Both rice bowls were plentiful and chocked full of flavor. So good I had to take another rice bowl home with me to Wisconsin.

Reviewed 12 January 2018

We loved Urbanbelly! We stopped in for lunch. Everything was really delicious and I loved the beer selection too. Chef Bill Kim never disappoints!

We will be back!