US$236
US$231
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency McCormick Place(Chicago)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$326
US$292
  • Pool
Chicago South Loop Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$265
US$301
US$252
Sofitel
  • Restaurant
Millennium Knickerbocker Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$264
US$210
  • Bar/Lounge
The Whitehall Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$243
US$226
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Urban Holiday Lofts(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$141
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$162/night.

ACME Hotel Company Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$229
1 579
3 783
3 335
1 579
All reviewsexecutive levelempire roomlockwood restaurantbeautiful lobbyclassic hotelbeautiful hotelart institutethe loopstreet levelmillennium parka hilton honors memberlobby barrooms are smallan older hoteltwo double bedsdowntown chicagoconcierge desk
61 - 66 of 9 849 reviews
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Hotel was good with clean rooms. Nice, old school hotel feel. Potter's had amazing fries and the Boozy shakes were awesome! Parking rates are ridiculous, the biggest issue I had with the whole trip and really affected the value to me.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Alhaji A, Manager at Palmer House A Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hello bdlawhorn,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Palmer House! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed experiencing the atmosphere of our historic hotel. We specialize in outstanding customer service and our goal is an all-around positive guest experience.

Thank you for taking the time to describe your stay and your added information about an opportunity for improvement is much appreciated. The parking rates at our hotel are comparable to nearby parking rates in our area. Rest assured your comments will be taken into account by our team as we continue to look for ways to improve our service.

It is always a pleasing feeling whenever our guests return to our hotel for another dose of the antiquity within our walls. We truly hope to see you again at the Palmer House!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

You can look at the common areas of this hotel and tell that it was very nice and fancy at one time. However, the individual rooms are different. The rooms are very small, but that is typical of an old hotel. The bathrooms are so small though, that they are hard to even maneuver in and I am a small person. There was no room to set anything on the counter and since I could see dried urine on the back of the toilet, I wasn't about to use the toilet lid as counter space. The water didn't drain out of the tub and there I was standing in water up to my calves each morning. I called to get them to fix it, but I couldn't tell that anything had improved. There is nothing grosser than having someone else's hair and dirt stick to your feet and legs. The shower curtain also stuck to my body since it was made of a really light weight fabric. Needless to say, showering in this room was a very bad experience. The room also needed to be updated. It had the feel of maybe being updated in the early 2000s. I stayed here because it was a room block for a conference, but this is definitely not where I will stay again for a future Chicago visit.

Hello rebeccadw2016,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Palmer House! We truly apologize that you did not receive the typical Palmer House experience during your visit. We specialize in outstanding customer service and we are saddened to hear that we missed the mark.

We never want any guest to feel as if our first mission is not to provide a high level of service throughout their stay. The description of the stay you described includes areas that are not up to the standard of the Palmer House and that will be thoroughly investigated by our team. Rest assured, your comments will be a crucial factor for our team as we continuously search for ways to improve our service.

We understand that you have many options in the city of Chicago but it is always a pleasing feeling whenever our guests return to our hotel for another dose of the antiquity within our walls. We truly hope to see you again at the Palmer House!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I attended a multi-day conference which included lodging,several meals and food served at breaks. THe service was superb andfood was deicious. Our annual luncheon was held in the Empire room..if only the walls could talk! Presidents, entertainers, so many notables appeared here; truely an amazing experience. The magnificent lobby, comfortable rooms and central location makes this an ideal destination for business or pleasure!

Stayed: May 2018

Greetings nancywS8793KW,

Thank you for taking the time to describe your stay in such detail and for providing helpful tips to potential future guests of our property.

It is always a great feeling for our team whenever our guests return to our hotel for another dose of the antiquity within our walls. We truly hope to see you again at the Palmer House!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel is a very nice, historic hotel in the middle of downtown Chicago.

I stayed here on business for 3 days. The room was nicely decorated and the bed linens and pillows made me feel like I was sleeping on a cloud!

I enjoyed the location as the hotel is in walking distance of one of my favorite places (Garrett's Popcorn).

The only thing I noticed was how slow the elevators were...other than that I enjoyed my stay.

Hello ladygoinplaces,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Palmer House. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed experiencing the atmosphere of our historic hotel.

Not only do we appreciate hearing from you, but we know that other users will truly find your comments helpful in making their decision to stay with us!

It is always a pleasing feeling whenever our guests return to our hotel for another dose of the antiquity within our walls. We look forward to another opportunity to showcase our exceptional customer service to you during a future stay!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I came here for a business trip. None of our notes were saved when we made our reservation so we got an "upgraded" room. I would love to say the good news kept coming but that's where it stopped. My husband and I walked into our room and it sort of had a smell. The carpet did not look all that clean. The paint on the bathroom and closet door is coming off. The wallpaper in the bathroom is peeling. The bathroom tub didn't look all that clean. The paint around the window is coming off. You can hear everything going on in the hallway. Talking, running, walking, etc. The hotel rooms need an update and need a make over. The lobby is pretty but the rooms are so run down. One night I got a cup of hot water from the bar. The bartender seemed to give me attitude when I asked for my drink. The experience was disappointing all around. If you can, I'd recommend staying elsewhere.

1  Thank ashleycl5

Hello ashleycl5,

We never want any guest to feel as if our first mission is not to provide a high level of service throughout their stay. Rest assured, your comments will be a crucial factor for our team as we continuously search for ways to improve our service.