Reviews (2 546)
2 546 results
1 238
1 238
All reviews the weber grill great location navy pier fridge and microwave within walking distance magnificent mile front desk staff valet parking self park michigan ave city view street noise business center would definitely stay here again mag mile few blocks corner room
85 - 90 of 2 546 reviews
Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

Over the weekend we stayed here for a long weekend getaway. I booked one king room and one double bed room We arrived at the hotel around 2 pm, the clerk Thea informed me that one of our rooms was available and that we could check into that one and the other would be available around 3pm (normal check in time) I requested that we would be on the same floor as I have a young child that will be between both rooms. Thea said that wouldn't be a problem she proceeded with normal procedure of getting our credit card information charging the rooms separately. As she called out the prices they didn't match what I booked the room for. I'm so happy I printed out the email from Southwest airlines vacations. She looked at the email and made the adjustments. We were given room 1332 a corner room with a great view if you like to people watch you could see the hustle by day and the view of the city coming alive at night. The rooms were clean, spacious and equipped with a mini refrigerator, small microwave and Keurig coffeemakers. This hotel is a great for those who like to travel on a budget. Breakfast is not free and the connecting restaurant is the webbergrill.com The grocery store was right across the street. It's ideal for stocking the fridge with beverages, yogurt, lunch meat, PB&J, bread and snacks. Sure there are lots of family friendly eateries near by like the rainforest cafe, and Red Rock Grill. McDonald's was a short walk away as well so there are tons of options for dinning.

We stepped out for for.luch and came back around 3:45pm to claim our second room to find out that we would not be staying on the same floor after being promised we would and also checking In With our credit card without having a room keys. For some reason I thought that would secure our request. With that being said it was nuisance running between floors be with each other. Not to mention I checked in on my birthday and the view from the second room 1422 overlooked the buildings ventilation system and the in room AC unit made a knocking sound every time it cycled on. No I did't make any special request of the hotel for my birthday but It would have been nice had she noticed and said happy birthday (or am I being extra?) Anyway .......

The con's were minor, I would stay there again it's in close proximity to touristy activities and the free trolley is a half block east that takes you to the Navy Pier.

We ate at the Grand Lux Cafe (cheesecake factory sister), yolk for breakfast, Nandos peri peri chicken, Red Rock, Quatano Italian, the Pier food court. Keep in mind there are fireworks every Wednesday and Saturday Night at the Pier during the summer and the Zoo is free. The is a city pass that gets you a few discounted tickets for some of the main attractions in Chicago on the official city website and remember Uber is cheaper that a cab in most cases because the fee isn't calculated by the minute. Public transit is always an option but I've not taken it. Lastly get Garret's Popcorn it's the best!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Timothy G, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. I was pleased to hear you specifically enjoyed your overall stay even with a few hiccups for your complete acceptance for excellence. Upon behalf of our staff, we wish you a Happy Birthday and many more to come. Next time we will go above and beyond because we strive to meet the expectations our guests come to expect and deserve. We look forward to more years servicing you and your family in the true spirit of hospitality from Hilton Hotels.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Right near subways and trolleys to most Chicago attractions. Tons of places to eat and shop right near by. Grocery store also right across the street. The rooms have everything you need or could think of needing.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Timothy G, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2018

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. I was pleased to hear you specifically enjoyed our convenient hotel location and guest rooms. It's always good to hear that we are meeting the expectations our guests come to expect and deserve. We look forward to more years servicing you in the true spirit of hospitality from Hilton Hotels.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Enjoyed our stay in the HGI Chicago on Grand at State. Location is top-notch for sight-seeing and activities in downtown Chicago. Very reasonable rates. Nice views from the 18th floor. The Weber Grill is the restaurant inside the hotel and has excellent food. Highly recommended for visiting Chicago and all the lakefront and downtown have to offer. Short L train red line ride to Wrigley Field.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. I was pleased to hear you specifically enjoyed our convenient hotel location to downtown site-seeing attractions, the rates of our rooms, the room views of the city, and the wonderful Weber Grill. It's always good to hear that we are meeting the expectations our guests come to expect and deserve. We look forward to more years servicing you in the true spirit of hospitality from Hilton Hotels.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Staff was great and helpful, rooms were clean, close to were our meeting were, walking distance to a lot of things we were interested in, price was reasonable, we would stay here again when back in Chicago.

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank 208judithp

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. I was pleased to hear you specifically enjoyed our hotel's cleanliness, location and the great customer service you received from our staff. It's always good to hear that we are meeting the expectations our guests come to expect and deserve. We look forward to more years servicing you in the true spirit of hospitality from Hilton Hotels.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

I am a Hilton Honors Gal attending a conference at the Sheraton Grand 6 blocks away. The rate at this HGI was much less than the Sheraton! Plus as a HH Gold member I got breakfast. The Weber Grill had a great breakfast and the food and service was wonderful. I was able to ride the free Navy Pier shuttle to the Sheraton but the cab/Uber fare was only $5.00.
The room was beautiful and the staff were friendly and helpful. I loved the location better than the Sheraton as top restaurants and shopping were nicer. And I always like a microwave and refrigerator in the room. The fact that this
HGI is right at the Grand subway stop really adds to the attractiveness. I would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank iceskaterfangirl

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. I was pleased to hear you specifically enjoyed our hotel's convenient location, room amenities, the Weber Grill next door and the great customer service you received from our staff. It's always good to hear that we are meeting the expectations our guests come to expect and deserve. We look forward to more years servicing you in the true spirit of hospitality from Hilton Hotels.