“Beautiful Aquarium!”
Review of Shedd Aquarium

Shedd Aquarium
Ranked #70 of 698 things to do in Chicago
More attraction details
Owner description: Located on the shores of Lake Michigan, Shedd Aquarium brings you eye-to-eye with more than 32,000 aquatic animals - from whales to snails, tarantulas to turtles, angelfish to zebra sharks!
Reviewed 2 April 2018

It was an hour wait to get in. I highly recommend buying the tickets online. If you already have a ticket you can walk straight in. The aquarium itself is beautiful. Loved the unique dolphins and beluga whales!

Write a ReviewReviews (8 486)
All reviews
"chicago city pass"
in 79 reviews

321 - 325 of 8 492 reviews

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Rightfully popular. One can spend an entire day here. The interpreters are excellent. The exhibits truly engaging. So much to see, where to start? I’d get there early, right when it opens as it is less crowded. Make a bee line to get tickets for the first presentation and to see the wild reef before it gets too crowded.

Lots of kids, many of the presentations are geared toward the little ones. They do a good job and talk about the environment too.

1  Thank pyegirl
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Sadly I found our visit kind of boring? The dolphin show was very good. I always love the dolphins. The Bulugas were an extra treat and how they have them trained was amazing! Note: in order to go to the dolphin show you have to get a separate (free) ticket. There’s a kiosk the you obtain it from near the exhibit. We didn’t know that and went to see a show but it was full.

The rest of the aquarium was kind of boring. Walking around the other exhibits and looking at fish in tanks got to be old. There was not enough exhibits with interactions to keep my interest after awhile.

The tanks to view the dolphins was really cloudy? The dolphins had to be right in front of the glass in order to see them.

I’ve been to other aquariums in large cities that were better and half the cost!

1  Thank JMomma2015
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We went with our 3 year old. She really loved it. The dolphin show and the beluga whales were the highlight. I recommend going when it opens. The lines get longer and it gets busier as the day goes on. We liked the dolphin show, but our toddler lost interest during the talking parts. She was only interested when the dolphins or whales were doing tricks. So, I’d probably wait until she’s older for that next time.

See more reviews
Reviewed 1 April 2018

This was my fifth visit, but I had not been back for nine years. It is one of the higher priced museums, at $40.00/adult.
We waited two hours to get inside, arriving 30 minutes after opening. Large crowds, due to spring breaks, but this is a popular museum, and always busy. Great exhibits, educational, and good variety.

Shedd_Aquarium, Manager at Shedd Aquarium, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

We're glad you had a nice visit, and we're grateful for your feedback! During busy times like spring break, we do recommend purchasing tickets in advance online in order to avoid the line.