Whilst we had seen the photos of Belle Roche on TripAdvisor it did not prepare us for the sheer beauty of the residence and the beach.
We have just spent the most wonderful six days completely relaxing in this beautiful home, with every need catered for, whether in the well appointed kitchen, the technology, or the very comfortable indoor and outdoor furniture.
Fiona and Alain have thought of every need and we appreciated the thoughtful little touches that made our stay so enjoyable.
Waking up in the morning watching the sun rise framed by the oaks and coconut palms was an absolute joy.
Long walks along the secluded Oak Beach followed by a dip in the saltwater pool kicked off our start to most days.
A magnificent residence in a beautiful part of the world. Cheers Bruce
Belle Roche is a beautiful beach house which is perfectly appointed for a relaxing stay. The host, Fiona has thought of everything you might need and is friendly and helpful. The only downside is that the house is decorated mainly white with white cushion covers which is not very child friendly in a beach environment.
By far, one of the best places I have ever rented. We stayed in this home for 4 days and wished we could have stayed for months. The process of booking, transfer, checkout, and every detail you can think of were smooth and professional. Fiona had excellent and prompt communication with us throughout. No complaints whatsoever, only kudos.
For the location, I'll start with the obvious and then add the extras that made this place not only great, but spectacular.
1. The beach; It is literally steps from the deck. The water was perfect and the bottom was sandy! No jagged rocks. Perfect for families, honeymooners, or others who just want to enjoy the water.
2. The house: From the moment we walked in, we were instantly relaxed. The house is spacious with plenty of places to be together or get away from one another. The decor is exactly as it shows in the pictures. Bedrooms are comfortable and clean. There are amenities (nice ones) in the bathrooms and there is a washer and dryer for longer stays. We used everything. The kitchen was pretty stocked with spiced and oil. I always love it when an owner allows the unopened items from other guests to just stay in the house rather than dump everything at the end of the stay. We used some of what was there and left new items behind.
3. The deck, hammock, BBQ, lounge chairs and pool: We used it all! Everything is there - no need to bring pool noodles or floaties.
4. Household supplies: While this seems like a silly thing to write about, this can make or break a trip (from my experience). The last thing you want to have to do is buy and carry on a trip is dish soap or matches or laundry soap or bug spray. All of this is in the house. It is so well stocked that we needed nothing. Picnic basket, plastic glasses for the beach, towels, games, wifi, speakers for music, etc. I could go on and on.
5. The vibe, the spirit, the flow, the feel....whatever one would call a healing and calm sense that is clearly part of this place. We had a bit of a trauma traveling to Port Douglas and a few days here really made a difference. We left feeling a bit better.
6. Transportation: We used a local company to get us out to the house, but Uber and other ride share options are available. We used both and have to say that signing up with a pickup that stops at the store on the way to the house was fantastic.
Now for the precautions: I can't say anything negative about this location but I can offer some things to consider. If you have small children, the house is entirely white and the beach outside the deck has dirt mixed with sand. I can see a bit of a challenge keeping little feet off of white furniture. Not a big deal but something to think about. There are stairs to the master bedroom and a few stairs to the front door. People who struggle to climb stairs could stay on the first floor. There are no stores or restaurants within walking distance, This was perfect for us but might be a challenge for people without transportation (cab and ride share available). The price is a bit steep and there are plenty of other rental places in Port Douglas...but not like this. It truly was a perfect place to stay.
Beach house exceeded expectations which were already very high. Location is amazing and house is incredlbly well equipped, to a very high standard. Can't speak highly enough of it. Very sad to leave and would go back in a heartbeat.