“Perfect for s quiet stay away from the crowds.”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Kotula18
Prior Lake, MN
“Perfect for s quiet stay away from the crowds.”
Reviewed 25 May 2016 for a stay in March 2016

Super quiet and relaxing. It was Easter week and still we one of the few families on the beach right out front. In fact, I think there was one famil with teenagers and one with 5-13 year olds and they were the only families we saw. There were probably 5 other couple we saw in a WHOLE week. Nice and quiet time on the beach. Only reason it was not perfect 5 is that with limited tourist there is not a ton of activities for younger kids, besides the beach. But the place includes bikes, kayaks, fins masks, etc to use on the beach and around the island. Would be perfect for a couple or a group of friends who want a "semi private island" experience at a great price.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Beth H
“I would HIGHLY recommend this experience to anyone!”
Reviewed 3 March 2015 for a stay in February 2015

First of all, our experience with the owner, Darin, was outstanding! He was extremely helpful and prompt in answering the 500 questions I had before we arrived. He arranged for Wally, the caretaker of the villas, to pick us up from the airport, and Wally was very eager to please and definitely "the guy you want to know" during your stay at Great Harbour Cay! Wally called nearly every day to make sure everything was ok and to see if we needed anything at all. He was even able to recommend Ms. Ramsey to bake a cake for our baby's first birthday, who happened to live right across the street! Wally gave us a brief tour of the island and was available to return us to the airport upon our departure. A really great guide!

We spent our first few nights in The Bahamas at Atlantis, which was just ok. By the prices at Atlantis, you would think it must be luxury beyond luxury but I have to say, we spent 1/3 of the money staying at this beach villa for twice the time!! The beach villa is nice, not luxurious, but absolutely PERFECT. It has pretty much everything you need for your temporary home away from home (except a coffee maker, but I left my French press there :) Just make sure to bring some coursely ground coffee, because we were only able to find instant coffee at the grocery stores there...unless you enjoy instant coffee, that is. We took most of our groceries on the plane from Nassau and cooked most meals (they have a kitchen stocked with all the cooking utensils you might need and lots of meat tenderizer! ;) Just be aware that it's $1/lb for anything over your allotted 40lbs/person on the flight. Worth it though, because things are a lot pricier here. Kalik was $75/case in Great Harbour Cay! Did we get ripped off? I don't know, or care, because I wouldn't drink anything else while we were there. It's like Corona is to Mexico! :)

The best part? THE BEACH! So fine and powdery. And you feel like you have the whole stretch of it to yourselves!! It is steps from the villa. Absolutely amazing!

We also visited the caves at Sugar Beach and Shelling Beach, and they are both definite must-sees!! We rented our vehicle for the week from Darin and hired his boat guide, Craig, for a day! Our day on the boat with Craig was by far our most memorable day! Not only can he tell you stories for days, he knows where to find the lobster (which we ate for dinner that night!); he is also a philosopher, a prophet and a published poet. Overall, just a great guy to spend a day on the water with!! Highly recommend.

This review doesn't even begin to paint a picture of our experience here! We would do it again in a heartbeat! I posted a ton of pictures to Facebook during our stay and I had at least 5 people ask me for details. You will not regret renting this beach villa...guaranteed! Best. Vacation. Ever.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Singapore...
Singapore
“Ocean Front Paradise less than an hour from Miami”
Reviewed 3 February 2015 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

We have been visiting Great Harbour Cay for over ten years and last year we stayed in these Beach Villas and we couldn't have been happier.

The Beach Villas -

The Beach Villas are ocean front and the living area has direct ocean views. There was also a wrap around deck with Bar B Que so we could enjoy the incredible views while we ate or relaxed on the hammock. The Beach Villas were clean, well maintained and had everything we needed such as towels and kitchen supplies. I stayed with my husband and three small children and we were all comfortable.

The Beach

The best part about the Beach Villas is the white sand beach just a few steps down from your private apartment. The whole family loved swimming in the ocean because the water is crystal clear, calm and warm. The kids also enjoyed building sandcastles and collecting shells. It's huge beach and many times we were the only ones on it. It was like having a private island.

At around 4pm, two days in a row, a school of dolphin swam into the little bay right in front of the Beach Villas. I watched from the deck as they swam alongside my daughter who was being pulled on a float from the back of the boat. Magical!

Great Harbour Cay -

Darin, the owner, has been coming to Great Harbour since we was a boy so ask him about different party of the island that you can explore. We enjoyed climbing up the Caves (where we got married), snorkeling in the flats, picnicking on Petit Island and collecting shells at the shelling beach.

If you can, rent a small boat with a captain for a few days so that you can explore the surrounding islands and snorkel. Darin may also be able to help arrange that.

Staying in Great Harbor is an authentic experience. You get to spend a week living on a tropical paradise. But don't expect a large resort style vacation. There are some restaurants on the island but they are simple. This is a place to enjoy nature, water sports, family and friends not to party.

We love it and we continue to come back every year. We've been to beaches in Thailand, Bali, Mexico etc and this is still the most beautiful beach in the world.

Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
FarWander...
New York
“Steps to One of the Best Beaches in the World”
Reviewed 11 January 2015 for a stay in November 2013
people found this review helpful

I stayed in the beach villa with my wife and our pre-school age daughter and had a wonderful time. Ive been lucky enough to travel all over the world and I have to say that this is one of the best beaches in the world. It's a sheltered spot so some days it's just like glass and when there are waves, they are very gentle and perfect for swimming. In fact, my daughter snorkeled for the first time here. The sand is soft and fine. In addition to just relaxing on the beach, which would be fine with me, there's plenty of adventure to be had on the island with great boating, kayaking, fishing, hiking, water skiing, snorkeling and swimming. Speaking of swimming, I swam with a pod of wild dolphins here, a memory that will last a lifetime. The villa is roomy and has everything you need for a vacation, whether you want to kick back or kick it up a notch!

Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$250
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing