“Twisted Vine Wine Tours”

Twisted Vine Wine Tours, LLC
Ranked #1 of 2 Food & Drink in Lewiston
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Taste the amazing wines of the Lewis Clark AVA, tour the wineries in the area, and learn about the fascinating native culture and local history.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband had a conference this last weekend, and part of the event included a wine tour for the spouses. I have been on many wine tours and historical tours both here in the US and abroad, but Clint at Twisted Vine tours exceedingly surpasses my expectations. He has every minute detail taken care of to make your experience of the upmost quality! His passion and love of the area comes from a lifetime of living here and is a perfect fit for educating and entertaining visitors to the Valley. You can tell how much he cares not only for his clients but for all of the local wine makers and businesses in the area, right down to the advice of leaving the perfume and chewing gum behind so that the wine experience is a true representation of the superb quality the wineries have to offer. Thank you Clint! We had a ball!!

All reviews
"excellent experience"
"walla walla"
"lewis clark"
in 4 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
"clint"
"stories"
"fun"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My family helped settle the LC Valley AVA in 1860. Hence, I was expecting my Mom, Dad, and I to end up teaching Clint about the area. Boy was I wrong. Clint seriously knows his stuff, including the wineries. After four hours we just started to scratch the surface -- I wish we would've hit pause, poured him a glass, and let him tell more stories. Exceedingly professional and safety aware too.

I wasn't expecting much from my hometown's new AVA, having done tours and tastings in Nampa, Walla Walla, and Chelan. But I found our wineries are much more personable and, well, friendly.

Part way through the tour I caught myself daydreaming about hunting when I was a kid on the Lewiston Hill -- and running out at Hell's Gate after a fresh rain. It snuck up on me. Stunned me. It was the wine! This is terroir. This is the taste of home! The rest of the tour I could tell by just the smell what was grown in the LC Valley AVA vs somewhere else and every time I couldn't stop from smiling.

Thanks Clint!

Reviewed 10 June 2018

This is a must if you not only want to taste excellent wine, but if you want to know the history of the wine makers and the area they grow the grapes. Clint provided us information about the wineries in advance of the tour so that we could do our own research if we wanted. He also provided great recommendations for restaurants, hotels, and made dinner reservations for us. Clint was an excellent tour guide, made us all feel comfortable, gave us excellent information about the wineries we were visiting, the wines we were tasting, and the history of the LC Valley. It was evident the owners of the wineries respected Clint, and they also provided us first class service.

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

I was part of a bachelorette party that took a tour with Clint and his Twisted Vine Tour. What an absolutely fantastic time we had! I’m sure, more than once, Clint felt like he was herding cats (since there were 12 of us!) but he was such an awesome guide! Very knowledgeable, attentive and so professional! I said more than once that I felt like royalty.. I’d highly recommend the tour, you won’t be sorry! Thank you, again, Clint!

Clinton H, Owner at Twisted Vine Wine Tours, LLC, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

It was wonderful showing off this incredible place I call home and having you sip award winning wines! It was so much fun!

See more reviews
Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

Clint did an amazing job. He is very knowledgeable about the area, wineries, and the wine! He treats you like royalty!!! There wasn’t a detail he left out to not enjoy every aspect of your tour. He goes above and beyond! Thanks Clint and Twisted Vine for an amazing day!

I was so honored that your group chose my tour for such a special day. Thank you so much for coming to the Lewis-Clark Valley, and sipping on award winning wines!