“Great find”

East Idaho Aquarium
Ranked #17 of 32 things to do in Idaho Falls
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have been to many large and small aquariums in Washington, Oregon, California and Hawaii. This place is amazing and unexpected for Idaho Falls. We had a group of 9 adults and two kids, ages 2 to 85 years old. We all loved it! The hands on feedings and touching is unbelievable. I've never been able to touch and feed so many sea creatures, and the birds and iguanas too. I loved feeding the stingrays and having the "doctor fish" clean my hand. We felt it was worth the price and did not mind buying tokens. The staff was knowledgable and friendly. Great job and what an unexpected fun adventure.

1  Thank Laura W
"fun"
in 3 reviews
"exhibits"

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We went in unsure of what we'd find and were pleasantly surprised with how much fun we had. Much like the Idaho Falls Zoo, the aquarium isn't huge but it's well done for what/where it is. A wide variety of fish and animals and a lot of hands on exhibits that my three year old son loved. The pond where you could pet cow rays and bamboo sharks was our favorite, but the reptile and parakeet pens were fun too. We went November 2017 and they were still finishing some of the exhibits up. I'm optimistic about what the finished product will be.

Reviewed 21 May 2018

We have a family pass and this is so fun. I highly recommend the parakeet cage. Thank you so much for bringing this to Idaho Falls.

Reviewed 4 May 2018

My family and I went to the Idaho Falls Aquarium last year. When we went to it they were still in the process of making improvements and getting more sea creatures for their exhibits. I mean there was a lot to see, and we found most of the animals found in it were very interesting to see. Yet, their main attraction the sharks at the time were not there yet, but would be weeks after we left. I hope it is there. I would say that our favorite thing about the aquarium was the petting area where you can pet a sting ray. As well, we liked the area you put your hand in and little fish eat away dead skin. Would we go back to this aquarium. I would say yes specially if they were finished with all their displays. Now, I would encourage any visitor to not compare it with the Draper Aquarium because they are not equal and have many differences in both of these aquariums. I feel that we need to give it a chance, it barely opened a year ago, and it has a long ways before it is complete. Be patient and enjoy what you see there.

2  Thank david m