“Great fishhouse chain in the Northwest”

McGrath's Fish House
Ranked #122 of 866 Restaurants in Boise
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

First visited this place because we share the name and i hoped they were not putting any blemish on it good name. I am happy to say they are not.

The place is clean with lots of interesting items on the walls and ceiling. Service is typical prompt and helpful. Good is first rate.

On this recent visit I tried the Fish and Chips with the garden salad. Portions were ample and all were delicious.

Highly recommend!

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Since my last review of McGraths, we have visited this location at least five times. And, we keep coming back! . The details follow below:

Greeting and seating: Ok, McGraths only weak spot is that (during slow periods) it sometimes it takes them five or ten minutes to see people waiting to sit down. Once you are discovered, greeting and seating is fast and friendly.

Cuisine: my wife likes the shrimp salad and the deserts. My favorite is fresh salmon (grilled and blackened). With salad, red potatoes, and steamed broccoli. Typically, I order the fresh caught salmon. Everything is always prepared perfectly. The key lime pie and Marion berry cobbler are very good. The sourdough bread is authentic as as good as at any place in SFO.

Service: Is always dependable. Mistakes are few and far between.

We will be back by Good Friday. Keep the sourdough warm!

Reviewed 3 March 2018

There is a variety of sea food selections, including fresh lobster. The sour dough bread is great, too. The restaurant is never crowded -- you can always get in.

Reviewed 21 February 2018

To me McGrath's is very predictable and that's what I like about it. We had onion rings as an appetizer which were a little heavy on the breading, but still enjoyable. They were definitely pretty to look at. Then we had their tossed salad, which my wife and I both thought was exceptional. For the main course we had the sampler, which of course was fried, but not overcooked. We both enjoyed our meals and will return again.

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

Bad service and extremely cold food. Took the server 23 minutes before he came to our table. We had already been served by another waitress who took our drink and food order before he every showed. But thanks to having two servers the order was wrong and the food apparently had set there till it was ice cold. Not a recommend restaurant solely based on bad service.