Open today: 09:30 - 17:00
More Information

Ways to Experience Idaho Potato Museum
from US$285,00
More Info
All reviews baked potato french fries gift shop interesting facts train depot off the highway idaho machinery exhibits sack implements spuds production memorabilia
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 August 2021

So fun! And the young lady who was welcoming us couldn’t have been sweeter. Such a nice place to visit! We spent the night in the parking lot…beware there was a train! We highly recommend a visit.

Reviewed 12 August 2021

For my first time in Idaho, I felt I should see and eat something related to potatoes, and this place seemed to perfectly fit the bill. On one end is a museum and on the other end is a cafe. We came in through the cafe, which ended up taking us backwards through the museum. I'm not sure if they are supposed to be stopping you in the cafe before you walk into the museum without paying, but that's exactly what we did. Because I felt bad, we did pay for the museum admission at the end. I did see another couple who did the same as we did. I learned some interesting facts about potatoes in the museum, like how Idaho just happens to have the perfect environment for growing potatoes. The gift shop had a lot of potato related souvenirs. They also give you a potato bag for your gifts and they gave us a free packet of mashed potatoes.

The cafe is what I see recommended from so many, but I was not a huge fan. It was dirty. None of the tables were clean. Flies were flying all over the place. The trash cans were overflowing. The food was enjoyable, though. I had a potato soup and my husband had chili cheese fries. If you are driving through, I'd say give this place a stop just for the uniqueness and how it relates to Idaho, but don't go out of your way.

Reviewed 11 August 2021

Nice little museum, with a little restaurant on the side with potato specialties including potato ice cream. The chili cheese fries were worth the special of the day as they are freshly cut.

Reviewed 17 July 2021 via mobile

Not much here for the price. I would probably skip it if I were you. The baked potato looked good in the restaurant but they were real busy and very few tables

Date of experience: July 2021
Reviewed 25 June 2021 via mobile

OK if you are within 100 miles of this place you have to go. The story and history of the potato is so interesting. I’m almost 70 years old and I had no idea how little I knew about Potatoes. Highly recommend eating baked potato in the cafe. Fun gift shop and staff friendly. By the way great candy store across the street.

Date of experience: June 2021