“Excellent food with a casual atmosphere!”

StingRay's on Tybee
Ranked #16 of 59 Restaurants in Tybee Island
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 16 September 2018

Really liked this place. We have eaten here twice on consecutive trips to Tybee. Right on the main strip within easy walking distance of our hotel. Casual atmosphere with outdoor seating and live music. Service was good and friendly. I had oysters on the half shell for an appetizer and tuna steak for my meal. My friend had the low country boil. Both meals were excellent. They have a house cat named Hushpuppy who travels from table to table to visit, which I thought was adorable! Would definitely recommend!

Date of visit: September 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1 966)

33 - 37 of 1 966 reviews

Reviewed 15 September 2018

Great food, drinks, and everything. Sadly we had a terribly rude server, I believe Heather was her name. We won't be returning while she is there.

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

We had the blackened mahi mahi that came with salad and roasted potatoes. The potatoes were extraordinary tasty. My hubby had the fish poboy and really enjoyed it.

Music is great. Our server was slow and we had to get another server to help filling our water. All in all, a great restaurant.

Reviewed 15 September 2018

We eat at Sting Ray's from time to time since we can walk there from where we live on Tybee; but this was the first time I ate on the upper deck they added a year or so ago. It was very pleasant and you could still hear the live music from downstairs.
I had the fried chicken sandwich which was plenty for a meal and reasonably priced.
I tried two of their chardonnays (not the house wine which, curiously, you can't get on the upper deck). The Cycles Gladiator chardonnay was not to my liking. The Wente "Morning Fog" was much better.

Reviewed 13 September 2018

Ate here on Labor Day due to recommendations from friends and the close proximity to our hotel. It was not crowded at all. I had the Mahi-Mahi sandwich which was delicious and my friend had the sampler platter (can't remember the name of it) which I thought was over-priced for what you got and just okay. The crab cake looked like it had been fried multiple times; needless to say it got pushed to the side. We ordered their specialty margarita and the hurricane and neither one was fantastic. We mentioned to our waitress (who was fantastic) that the drink was flavorless and her reply was "what do you want me to do about it? I can't take it off your check because I can't resale it". I was a little dumbfounded by her response since we never asked her to remove it. She then offered to swap the hurricane out for something else. Maybe we just went on a night when they had a substitute bartender. I will visit again, but would probably order a beer. Forgot to mention that I had a bowl of the crab soup which was beyond delicious!!