All reviews ocean view hotel restaurant love hotel ocean plaza room was clean fourth floor within walking distance new management restaurants and bars the breakfast club late check cleaning staff great beach mini fridge easy access to the beach off season laid back
Reviewed 23 October 2017

**Note, my only con and I will put it first because it was unpleasant for us. We paid a high cost for the room and every time we tried to use our balcony there were people outside smoking. I paid extra for the room to be able to sit on the balcony and enjoy the sites and sounds and this made it very difficult. This is really my only complaint and I would hope that they would look into a no smoking ban on the balconies.*

We had read many reviews prior to booking our hotel stay. We paid about $500.00 for two nights with parking etc, and a beach higher up room view. The room was beyond wonderful with a view and sounds on the balcony that made it worth the money for the view higher up, except for the above smoking issues. The check-in was quick and Dylan was extremely pleasant. We had room 418 which was the fourth floor and overlooked the beach. The beach is across the parking lot, and it could not have been any closer! The hotel was extremely pretty when you entered into it. The carpeting was bright and put a smile on my face! The wall colors are beautiful. When entering the room you are amazed at the expanse the room holds. We had a King bed with a nice balcony with two chairs. We were so busy checking out the view and wanting to get to the beach that we had no idea until later that the TV was extremely large and so amazing! It had to have been a 52inch! It was nice although not very used as we spent a lot of time in the area and on the beach. The bathroom is a little outdated, but for our room it was only the shower/bath fixtures that were outdated. The sink had been redone and the bathroom painted, so it was almost fully remodeled on our stay. The bed was AMAZING and comfortable, I had the best rest those two nights! Coffee maker as well as an very large smaller fridge were in the room. All amenities were provided and there was an a nice desk, chair and a reading chair area. We could have not asked for better, well a newer more spacious shower/bath but that it is coming per the hotel soon. Don't let that stop your stay though! There was a tiki bar and pool on the inside of the hotel that looked nice but we did not partake in that area.

PROS:
View
Hotel Room Size and Amenities
TV Size
Great Customer Service
Close to the Beach, shops, restaurants

CONS:
Smoking on balconies
Bathroom update (currently being updated), but do not let it stop you, well worth it!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank cpronzato
BrettLoehr, General Manager at Hotel Tybee, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Thank you for vacationing on Tybee Island, staying with us and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. In full disclosure, I am a reformed smoker and fully understand your concerns/frustration/disappointment with my smoking policy. Like you I strongly dislike smoke. I respect people's decisions to do as they wish, but I personally hate walking through it and would really not be impressed with a neighbor's smoke impacting my beach vacation. Please know that in similar situations in the past, guests have called down to us and we have reached out to the room that is smoking. In 90+% of the situations, we are able to make everyone happy and respect one another. I'm thrilled you enjoyed the rest of your vacation, our hotel and continued improvements. I will certainly pass your kudos along to my team members. This coming November we'll attack our bathrooms and install all new tile floors, free standing vanities and tub surrounds. It will be one more giant step in the right direction. I'll look forward to your next visit and sharing all our progress with you. Thanks again for staying at Hotel Tybee!

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and I were very pleased with Hotel Tybee's accommodations. The staff was very friendly and eager to please. Hotel Tybee is just steps away from the beautiful beach and surrounding shops. Anyone of all ages will be sure to enjoy!

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Wanderer162845

Thank you for vacationing on Tybee Island, staying with us and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I'll certainly share your praise with my team members. I am truly blessed to be surrounded by a great group of caring professionals. Please be sure to like us on Facebook and join our 24,000+ fans. We are currently running a photo contest and will have multiple participants win complimentary getaways.

Just a reminder...this coming month we'll attack our bathrooms and install all new tile floors, free standing vanities and tub surrounds. It will be one more giant step in the right direction. I'll look forward to your next visit and sharing all our progress with you. Thanks again for staying at Hotel Tybee!

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

My husband & I loved this hotel! The staff was amazing and very friendly. It's located in a perfect spot and can walk to almost everything. Nearly everything is at your doorstep, the beach, restaurants, stores and entertainment. We were there for the pirate fest weekend as well and what a great time! Can't wait to go back!!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michele L

Thank you so much for staying with us and posting a review on TripAdvisor. I'm thrilled you enjoyed Pirate Fest. It was an absolute blast and certainly one of the best weekends of the year to visit. Hotel Tybee participated in the parade for the first time. My team and I had a great time. All in all, I thought the entire weekend was incredible and especially the fireworks. I'm glad the two of you had a great escape and enjoyed your beach vacation. Please be sure to like us on Facebook. We are currently running a photo contest and will have multiple participants win complimentary getaways.

Just a reminder...this coming November we'll attack our bathrooms and install all new tile floors, free standing vanities and tub surrounds. It will be one more giant step in the right direction. I'll look forward to your next visit and sharing all our progress with you. Thanks again for staying at Hotel Tybee!

Reviewed 17 October 2017

My husband and I have stayed here before and loved it. It was better this time.Beds were very comfortable. Room was clean.Cleaning staff always friendly. The decor was pretty also. We plan to come back too.

Room tip: Quite rooms,beautiful view on ocean side.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 295Lisa
BrettLoehr, General Manager at Hotel Tybee, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Thank you for your repeated patronage. We really appreciate you regularly vacationing on Tybee Island, staying with us and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I'm glad you enjoy our improvements and love our location. Don't forget we have a great photo contest going on right now. Please consider liking us on Facebook and join our 24,000+ fans that love HOTEL TYBEE. From Facebook you'll easily be able to locate the photo contest information during our regular posts.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

We booked our stay through booking.com and were charged then for our stay. We were charged a destination fee of $15 a night which covered parking for 1 vehicle per night.
We arrived at the hotel and check in was easy enough. We were given a book with places to eat, things to do. Our key card and Wi-Fi password. We were given a parking pass and told to keep it on our rear view at all times that it served as our parking pass for the island. The next day we went to Tybee Lighthouse and came back to find a parking ticket on our window. We called and they said that was only for our hotel parking lot. We have to pay to park where we are staying. You would think that would be included in the price. We now have to pay a parking ticket.
The door to the entrance of the building is supposed to be opened with a key card, but it doesn't lock at all, anyone can enter at any time.
Our room is updated, bedding was clean and comfortable. The coffee pot was sticky and the coffee was horrible. The bathroom tile was stained, but looked clean. Needs updating, or bleaching. Our door to our room stuck horribly, we had to give it a jerk to get out of it, and to close it. We had a microwave, fridge, and safe in our room.
We won't NOT stay here again. These aren't things that would keep us away. Our room total for off season was $278, that included king size, inland view, parking and taxes. The location was great, located right next to the pier. If you want an ocean view request 3 or 4th floor so you can see over the sand dunes and parking lot.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anna M

Thank you for vacationing on Tybee Island, staying with us and posting a review on TripAdvisor. I'm very sorry to hear about the parking ticket situation. Tybee Island is a "pay to park" destination. Being an island, parking is extremely limited (especially during peak periods). The hotel's parking pass is only good for guest parking at the hotel from the day or arrival thru the day of departure. I'm glad you enjoyed the rest of our improvements, location and Tybee Island. This coming November we'll attack our bathrooms and install all new tile floors, free standing vanities and tub surrounds. It will be one more giant step in the right direction. I'll look forward to your next visit and sharing all our progress with you. Thanks again for staying at Hotel Tybee!