“great space for a large groop or Girl Scouts troop”
other travellers have booked this property
My Island Cottage, shady front porch
Large living room with wood burning fireplace, two comfortable sofas, TV and ceiling fan ShipREC room has 6 twins and futon. Foosball for fun. Leads through french doors onto screened porch
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
My Island Cottage, shady front porch
Play ping pong on your screened porch with table and chairs and beach gear with beach Roleez cart
Tybee Lighthouse, museum and keepers houses restored
Large double corner lot with parking for up to 6 cars right in front of your door.
Front porch with lots of seating.
View of screened porch.
Lovely beach - no complexes or hotels/motels in this area  perfect for swimming, sunning and boogie boarding, surfing...
View of living room from hallway.
1 of 3 King master bedrooms with vintage dresser and TV.
View of vintage retro dresser in one of king bedrooms.
local shops and pubs and restaurants close by
Fun dining room with adorable dinette set.
View of dining room showing door to one of bedrooms.
Futon and foosball in shipRECroom
Large family-friendly kitchen stocked with all cookware and utensils. Everything except food.
View of kitchen and dining room.
Another view of one of King bedrooms.
Backyard also has convenient clothes line.
Outdoor dining and in ground park style charcoal grill.
Welcoming front door.
New ping pong table on screened porch.
Bedroom with two vintage iron double beds.
Another view of twin beds in shipRECroom
Cute and comfy twin beds in shipRECroom
Another view of one of 3 king bedrooms.
Shady front porch.

Reviews from our community

Any
GS-Troop7...
East Dubuque, Illinois
“great space for a large groop or Girl Scouts troop”
Reviewed 1 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

We had a great time. The house had plenty of space for our troop. The house was clean, not a 5 star, but it is a beach house it didn't need to be. Within walking distance of the beach, restaurants and shops.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the space for the girls (ship reck room)
Liked least: the garbages outside were full and full of magits ( they had no room for ours)
Travelling group: Large Group
Your age range 35-49
Large groups People with pets
2 Aug 2016
Dear Sarah and Girl Scouts.
I am so happy to know you enjoyed your stay at ISLAND COTTAGE.
I'd love to have you back.
Tybee cousin discounts for you!
I am hearing that the SHIP REC room with the 6 twin beds is a favorite for groups of scouts and children.
Thank you for appreciating and taking good care of ISLAND COTTAGE
lauren
MY BEACH HOUSE RENTALS
mzbuttons
Maryland
“Thanks Lauren!”
Reviewed 22 February 2015 for a stay in December 2014
people found this review helpful

First, It says a lot that I am even writing this review, not because of Lauren and her house but because I recently found out Tripadvisor had removed a bad review of mine (and others) after a few months, allowing that company's ratings go up; in essence lying to all of us who share our experiences on their website. This is bad business. I use to love TA, because it was FOR the consumer, now I realize if you are a big company, (Holiday Inn, I'm talking to you) you can buy your way out of bad ratings. ANYWAY: Due to the fact Lauren was AWESOME; I am going against my rule and leaving a review here.

Lauren's cottage was great. It is exactly as described. This is not your luxury accommodations it is an old school beachy cottage with all the kitschiness of that theme. We loved it, our kids LOVED their own room, where all of them could hang out all night. All the parents loved not having to share rooms with there kids, which is normally how our family does family holiday.

I more would like to speak on Lauren though. She is how people should run vacation rentals. She gave us a great deal, and when I called with a few concerns, prior to our travel, she was more than accommodating and helpful. The kitchen was well stocked, although we bought things before finding out they were already in the kitchen ;), my uncle was able to get around in his wheelchair; although he did have to walk up the steps to get into the home. The WiFi worked well. There were some small issues, like a loose shaky chair, a loose screw etc. but we came in the same day as another family left so those small issues are not uncommon. The house was definitely clean when we arrived though.

I just wanted to thank Lauren for sharing her home with us. Her cottage will definitely be where we stay when we return to Tybee, next time in the warmer months!

How easy was key pickup/access to the property?
Travelling group: Extended Family
26 Feb 2015
Thank you so much!! I am also having trouble with TA about a false review and have asked them to remove it.
I know how you feel.
I feel lucky that I am your "first review".
My goal is to always try to create a place for guests to share treasured memories and fun times. I always want my guests to be happy and to have everything they need.
Your review has made my day. I enjoy sharing my houses and interacting with my guests in a positive way at all times. Always trying to be helpful and anticipate their every need.
Yes, we found that wobbly chair after you left. Thanks for telling me about that.
I would love to have you and your family and friends back.
You were wonderful guests.
Lauren Davis
My Beach House Rentals on Tybee
City of Tybee license 01115
Sophie N
“Wonderful Cottage! Best Location!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

I can't wait to get back to Tybee, and when I do, this is where I want to stay. It's the kind of place you want to bring your family and friends to for a really special experience. I would recommended this property to anyone and everyone. The cottage was clean and the decor is fun and puts you right into vacation mode. The house has everything you need, including the spacious kitchen, screened-in outdoor porch/play room, covered front porch, large bathrooms, outdoor shower, laundry room...everything you need, nothing you don't. Everything in the listing description is accurate, except that it's hard to describe just how perfect this spot is. Oh, and Lauren, Manager of My Beach House Rentals on Tybee Island, is just wonderful.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Travelling group: Friends
Large groups People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
14 Aug 2014
Thank you! I love it when my guests love it!
aiken sc
Reviewed 10 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
People with disabilities Older travelers
10 Apr 2014
Hi Melissa,
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments about My Island Cottage.
The glass doorknobs are original to the house!
So glad your boys had fun with the ping pong and foosball, too.
I do want you all to come back and am looking forward to seeing your painting. I have not had a chance to go by but cleaning staff like it!!
Tybee cousin discounts for you!!

sincerely,
Lauren
My Beach House
Remember, the beach never gets old!
Pamela J
Springfield, Illinois
“It was better than we imagined”
Reviewed 3 February 2013 for a stay in December 2012

My family had a wonderfully relaxing time at Seaside. It was more than we hoped for. Very relaxing, plenty of space, great location. The next time we get back to Tybee we want to stay there again. Perfect. Lauren was wonderful. She helped us through the process as it was our first time booking a rental.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: proximity to beach-charm of the house
Liked least: it was all good
Travelling group: Extended Family
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
3 Feb 2013
Thank you so much.
My goal is to always make my guests happy!!!
I love it when they love it!!
lauren
My Beach House Rentals
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
from
US$499
/ Night
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing