All reviews front desk room was clean continental breakfast tile floors within walking distance enjoyed our stay great place to stay coffee maker yogurt family vacation short walk to the beach tybee island pier stingrays stove refrigerator
Reviewed 13 August 2018

I booked a room through the Dunes Inn & Suites website on June 10, 2018 for a stay on August 10-13, 2018. When I arrived they did not have my reservation, even though I had received a confirmation. Once I showed them the confirmation they acted surprised that I was not in their system. Their excuse? The reservation did not come through the fax. This seemed a strange issue to me. Instead of being able to stay in the room I booked which included a kitchenette, which I wanted to have in order to save a little money. I was sent to a hotel next door that was undergoing renovations, did not have an elevator, and no kitchenette in sight. In summation, I would not try to book through this hotel ever again and I would say to anyone who tries, "Call them after you make your reservation to make sure the 'fax' came through."

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Rebecca W
Sanjay P, Owner at Dunes Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Rebecca, like I said in response to your Yelp review, Rebecca, I'm very sorry for the inconvenience. This kind of glitch doesn't happen often at all, so it's truly upsetting that it interfered with your stay. Unfortunately, we had no available rooms at the time to replace your reservation. I'm disappointed you left with this impression of our business as it couldn't be further from what we strive for. Nevertheless, I hope the rest of your trip was more enjoyable.

Reviewed 3 August 2018

We Walked Across The Street And Up The Ramp, And There's The Beach. Lots Of Nice Shops And Close Restaurants. Pool Was Awesome. Ice cream Shop Right Next Door, Stingrays Restaurant Next To That. We Were Traveling With 2 Adults and 3 Kids. Tybee Island is The Best!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

I'm glad you had such a great time with us! It sounds like you explored quite a bit of the island, and it's wonderful that the kids enjoyed it just as much as the adults.

Reviewed 26 July 2018

Seriously, you cross the street and a parking lot and you are there.

The room was small, no coffee maker and the bathroom was a little small too, but we didn't spend much time in the room. First night there we went to Stingrays, a seafood place next to the hotel. We got ice cream after at Seaweeds, which is also next door. Its close to downtown tybee with all the tourist souvenir shops.

The free breakfast was rather small, no warm option and no protein, mostly cereal and cheese danishes.

The room was recently renovated and very clean.

The pool was small, but nice.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Sanjay P, Owner at Dunes Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

When you're so close to the beach, we expect that you'll be out and about for the majority of your stay, Davis. I'm glad the room was just what you needed in addition to the pool. We were happy to have you with us and hope you're doing well!

Best,

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

We just got back from our stay at dunes inn. You have to remember when going to tybee you're not going to find a Hilton. Tybee is noncommercialized. That being said we really enjoyed our stay. The only complaint we had was sandy floors. It's a beach hotel. It's an older hotel so the rooms do need a touch of updating but that's just cosmetics. Anytime we needed more towels or tissue all we had to do was ask. Great people. We will definately stay with them again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Patricia, thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. I realize I'm a little late to respond, but it's wonderful hearing that you enjoyed your visit. I do appreciate your feedback on the floors and can assure you that cleanliness is always a top priority. If you're ever back on Tybee Island, we'd love to have you with us again.

Best,

Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

The hotel is located in a prime location, walking distance to everything. That is the only positive comment unfortunately. The room was filthy. The outer edge of the doorway was dirty. The floor had an unknown black spot and we killed a bug. We had to slam the doors because they wouldn’t close properly. We were told that the pool closes at 10:30, however, we weren’t told that information at check-in. We did enjoy the warm water from the pool.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Renatatrip5

I'm sorry to hear the room wasn't quite what you were expecting. Cleanliness is a top priority of ours, so if you had shared any of these concerns with us during your stay, we would've addressed them right away. I'm glad you still enjoyed the pool as well as our convenient location.