“Rude server”

Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Frederica Road
Description: Halyards Restaurant Provides Restaurant, Alcohol, Catering, Bar, Lounge, American Cuisine, Tasty Local Fish, Cocktail, Dinner, Appetizer to The Saint Simons Island, GA Area.
Reviewed 4 April 2021

My wife and I recently dined at halyards. It’s cute and quaint. Loved the atmosphere. The hostess took us to our table and said have a lovely breakfast. As our server(Cheryl) came around to tell us about the menu she was so rude and wasn’t even pleasant at all. She was not talkative when my wife ordered she rolled her eyes. Totally disrespectful towards my wife. When it came to me ordering I about had it, I requested a new server immediately but no one came other than the same server took awhile for our food to come out! Just wasn’t a pleasant trip there, we won’t be back!!

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (630)

Reviewed 3 April 2021

One of the best restaurants that I have eaten at hands down. This place will not disappoint. We had and incredible time, it was our 20 year anniversary. The food was more than amazing, the ambiance was incredible, and the service was bar none! Our server Micheal was fantastic. I would ask for him personally, we will every time we go. I can tell you that every bit of food that we ate was incredible....the scallops were to die for. Thank you so much for making our 20th so memorable.

1  Thank Kvost77
Reviewed 1 April 2021

We had breakfast there and it was filling and delicious. Their shrimp & grits was sooo good, Eggs Benedict was awesome, even ordered a side of pancakes (fluffy and amazing). The green tea was even delicious. Service was excellent too.

Reviewed 29 March 2021

I recently visited saint simons island and heard about breakfast at halyards, I wanted to try it before I left town, I was pretty excited until the hostess had the worst attitude while seating me and my friend. When a server came to my table I believe I remember her name as Cheryl? She had red hair; she was the most rudest young lady I had as a server, when it came to ordering my breakfast she acted like she didn’t even want to take my order, and didn’t want to even be at work, she was not talkative at all, told her it was my first time trying breakfast here and she didn’t even want to hear that; I’m coming back into town sometime in April if I find out she is still working there I will not go there ever again and I will let everyone know how bad my experience was. Her manager needs to let her go cause she was worse than the rude hostess who had an attitude. The breakfast wasn’t even good after having a horrible server I was just ready to pay bill and leave!

Amanda Johnson

Date of visit: February 2021
Reviewed 20 March 2021 via mobile

We loved this restaurant. Great food and staff. Katie was particularly attentive. Try the basil grapefruit drink, salmon with Mexican street corn and the creme brûlée. All excellent! Wonderful atmosphere. One of our favs on the island.