“AH...Italia”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is my fourth visit and hopefully more to come. This is a great little restaurant with great service. I recommend the eggplant parm. Although the Chicken Parm was great as well...wait..maybe the chef special but leave room for desert....
It is comfortable and very good. Somehow I always get Matthew the waiter...say hi from the other Matthew...
PS the bartender is just as good serving some good wines.

My only negative is they don't take reservations, but so what, the bar is good.

Reviewed 1 March 2018

Had dinner here recently. This place is a mixed bag. The calamari appetizer that we had was probably the best I have ever eaten. However, the veal main course that I had was probably the worst. My son had the gnocchi which was very good and I would recommend it highly.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Went for a casual Friday night meal. They don't take reservations- luckily we arrived about 6:30 and were immediately seated. No available tables by 7 and would guess the wait to be half hour by then. Service was excellent, wines by the glass were good and a generous pouring. I had grouper which was good - tasted very fresh. My husband finished his veal dish and said he would order it again. Pasta side dish was very good - very nice tomato sauce clearly house made. Didn't disappoint and we will go again.

Reviewed 8 January 2018

Good food and a friendly family owns this. The chef is the mother and the sons are the waiters. Good fish, veal and pasta dishes.

Reviewed 27 December 2017

After struggling to get our families together we finally managed to meet up with the Hashimi's and the Nadles for a holiday meal. Nooshin and the crew wanted Italian food so Chris picked out a little place in Roswell named Amalfi. Jane and I had never eaten at the restaurant even though it was just down the street from our home. I had driven by it many times and never even noticed it.

Amalfi does not take reservations unless you have a group of 12 or more. Our group of 9 required a wait. The venue is really not very large. There are a handful of tables with a bar taking up a large part of one side of the room with a wall dividing the rest of the place. So we stood milling around the bar area for about 45 minutes as we waited to be seated. Jane was not feeling well and this wait finally got the best of her and she left for home as we looked for alternatives for dinner. We finally decided to wait it out and I'm glad we did.

There are many pictures of Italy scattered throughout the restaurant. The wait staff also clearly came from the home country along with the owner. They were very professional and hospitality. Making suggestions on items to try and things to drink. They even had a table full of appetizers for as after our extended wait. Some that was not necessary but appreciated by everyone. A nice touch by the owner. For that alone I would consider coming again.

The food came out quickly once it was ordered. It was piping hot and smelled wonderful. There was a plate of chick Marsala (Ahmad's favorite which we ate with gusto), An order of lasagne for Sierra which she loved. A couple of plates of shrimp scampi with Nooshin and Metra consumed with passion. As for me, I selected the salmon and the spinich which came wilted and flavorful. I would have like more garlic but It was quite good as it was. The salmon was cooked to perfection and was packed with flavor. It even included a few shrimp which I also enjoyed. Everyone enjoyed their plates especially the pasta with red sauce. It was marvelous and worth the trip alone.

I would think this venue would be a nice place of a romantic outing with someone special. It also served nicely a large family gathering. The cost I also found very reasonable. I spent $30 on salmon, spinach and pasta. So I would recommend this nice little spot to everyone. Be prepared for a wait and a small space but bring a big appetite.

Been to Amalfi? Share your experiences!