“A Little Long In The Tooth”

LongHorn Steakhouse
Ranked #44 of 191 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This particular Longhorn is a little long in the tooth and desperately needs some renovation. We have always loved the franchise and have frequented Longhorn Steakhouses in many states, so our level of expectation is high. We were promptly greeted by the hostess as we entered the facility, but within seconds we were also greeted by the smell of musty carpet and dank surroundings. That should have been our que to leave before being seated. However, we were ignorant enough to actually be seated and order. 45 minutes later, we were still waiting for two entrees that upon arrival, were less than impressive. Our $60 enlightenment of the lack of expertise in their kitchen and a less than professional attitude by management is enough to keep us from returning. Don't be like us. Don't be ignorant.

Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

We didn’t realize that Shorter college was having graduation today, so everywhere was packed, including Longhorns. We got seated right away, however. We both ordered burgers from their menu, I ordered the Barbecue bacon burger and my wife ordered the mushroom and cheese, both with fries. We waited a long time, which was expected, but both burgers were hammered! We ordered medium done, and mine was dry, and tasteless. The Parmesan fries might have been ok, but were stone cold. There was NO sauce on the burger, and the luxurious bacon in the menu photo turned into super thin microwave stuff. No bacon taste at all. Compared to the photo on their menu, it was the biggest bait and switch of all time. My wife’s fries were also stone cold, and her burger equally disgusting. I managed to choke down half of mine with the nice server giving me plenty of tea refills. I would have asked for the manager, but I just got the feeling this was a day they just didn’t care. Not going back there again, no way no how, and I recommend to anyone else to skip it too.

Reviewed 13 April 2018

This place was packed with people. We had to wait a while but it was worth it.The beer was cold and the service was great and the servers helpful. I had the the filet and you could cut it with a fork.Also, we had the wild west shrimp as an appetizer and it was very good.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Strolled in at nine PM and was expecting to have to rush an order. Nice to see the place still open.

Service was prompt and polite. Portion size was great. Price to value is good.

Food was prepared exactly as requested.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

To try to be fair ... we had a large party (13) but called ahead for a table. Arriving at 630 on a Saturday, we were seated at 8PM. Sat at the bar and watched TV and ate peanuts to hold us over. Unfortunately, another large party (30) hung around for a long time after they paid the check which caused part of our wait.

Once seated, the service was excellent and the steak I had was very good. My fries were below average as they were mushy?

Would have rated this a 4 other than the wait.

Been to LongHorn Steakhouse? Share your experiences!