See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 August 2018

If you look at other reviews I have done you will see I rarely write bad ones. I try to find the positive and also review based on what something is. I am not going to give a bad review to a cheap place because it isn’t 5 star because you get what you pay for. But in this case I had a hard time finding the positives. Won’t even spend a lot of time detailing how they wouldn’t honor my request for an ADA room and tried to put me in a room where you couldn’t park in front, even after knowing I have a disability. The room itself was decrepit and dirty. The bathroom counter was literally coming off. Everything looked ancient. And dirty. After the first shower there was a long hair in the tub that definitely didn’t belong to either of us. Realizing it came from the “clean” bath towel was truly disgusting. The only thing I can say is perhaps (I pray, if you squint and don’t look too hard) the sheets were clean. I was booked in a different Motel 6 for our return trip but I am changing it because I am turned off on the whole chain. The place looked rather scary outside as well, felt like the police must be there a lot.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Savannah Airport - Pooler, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Dear Susan, Thank you for sharing your review. We do offer accessible rooms to our guests and request them to communicate their needs should they not be met by the available accessible room type that they are looking for. We apologize for the difficulties you experienced. Please know that the conditions you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality and we apologize for the inconveniences you describe. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

First of all, don't be fooled by hotwire, hotels.com, etc. You may save money booking direct once fees are accounted for. This place has real, functioning wifi and coffee in the morning. I wasn't totally sure about the sheets so I used my sleeping bag on top in an abundance of caution. There is a movie theater (Royal Cinema) about 8 minutes away, lots of restaurants around there too.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Avid traveller, only stayed as we didn't book somewhere ahead & needed to sleep. My advice, sleep in your car. Two of us came home with bites. Filthy room, prostitutes downstairs...couldn't make up this story! Stay away!

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
6Team, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Savannah Airport - Pooler, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Guest, Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay. Safety and security are high priorities within Motel 6 standards for quality and comfort. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

upon arrival we realized the elevators were out of service, meaning we had to carry all of our bags up two flights of stairs. being someone with a major back injury this was very inconvenient. we got to our first room, which wouldn’t open. our key wouldn’t work. they gave us the room next to it, which in my opinion wasn’t ready for guests, considering the toilet seat was covered in hairs and we had no toilet paper. there was also no remote to our television. we went down to ask someone for both things, and the only response we got was that they didn’t have any toilet paper and that someone from management had to get us the remote, and they wouldn’t be here until the morning. come to find out the remote was literally in a drawer right next to the receptionist and the problem could’ve been solved very quickly. the turntable in our microwave is missing. they also advertise a swimming pool here, which is full of dirt. literally packed full to the top and not open for use. on top of all that, we haven’t had housekeeping even try to come clean the room for three days. the room is good for the price but i personally don’t plan on returning here. very disappointed.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brooke C
6Team, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Savannah Airport - Pooler, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

Brooke, We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced as a result of the lack of availability of a room with a micro-fridge or microwave. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the comfort issues and noise concerns you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

Staff was not nice. Unfriendly and rude. Room was ok. Suspicious people around and not the nicest neighborhood. Waffle House next door but did not go there. Asked for a non-smoking room and was given a smoking room.

Date of stay: September 2017