Reviews (1 696)
1 696 results
1 225
1 225
All reviews lake room thermal suite terrace bar star hotel heights lounge relaxation area nespresso machine killarney lakes the penthouse upgraded to a suite second to none top class star service from start to finish last weekend fantastic hotel fantastic stay
723 - 728 of 1 696 reviews
Reviewed 14 June 2015

We visited as a group for a wedding anniversary. We couldn't have chosen better.
The view over the lakes of Killarney from the bedrooms, bar, restaurant, spa and swimming pool are stunning, as good a view from any hotel I've ever seen.
Rooms are large, with big beds and very comfortable. The food, from a simply superb breakfast, through lunch and dinner, in both bar and restaurant, was fantastic, to a very high standard.
The Thermal Suite in the spa area was an excellent standard, and would not be found wanting alongside the best German or Austrian spa hotels.
The staff, to a man and woman, are a credit to the hotel and play a huge part in the outstanding product.
This hotel deserves every accolade was quite simply one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Choose a lakeside view.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank ShamrockWanderer
Aghadoe_Heights, Manager at Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2015

Thank you ShamrockWanderer for your wonderful review. I am delighted that you enjoyed every aspect of Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa. The team are very passionate about each and every guest. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 4 June 2015

Recommended by a friend, and what a gem. Courteous and efficient staff. Wonderful setting with fabulous views of the lakes. Great pool, saunas, spa and 10 minutes to Killarney. Silver service dining at breakfast and dinner. I will definitely return.

Room Tip: get a room with a lake view
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank brentcaswell
Aghadoe_Heights, Manager at Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2015

Thank you brentcaswell for your lovely comments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. The team at Aghadoe are extremely passionate about their jobs and love making each and every guests stay more enjoyable. I look forward to your return.

Reviewed 4 June 2015 via mobile

My husband and myself visited here for our wedding anniversary . All I can say is we where blown away by the luxury and grandeur of it . We went all out and stayed in a suite and it was superb ! One wall was entire ceiling to floor windows looking out at the breathtaking views of Killarney lakes and mountains .

We went for dinner and drinks also and the price of drinks wasn't too bad . I was expecting it to be a lot more than it was . After dinner the room was turned down and there was complimentary bowls of jelly beans left which I thought was a great little touch . Dinner was good , as was breakfast the next morning . There is a great variety on breakfast menu . We had it in the room and the waitin staff where very friendly and professional.

The spa in Aghadoe is stunning and the pool is surrounded by the same views of lakes and mountains .

On check out we were offered bottles of water for our journey home which again was a nice touch .

The only gripe I had was when we initially pulled up to the hotel , we were initially taken back by the hotel exterior , it looks very deceiving from the outside but don't be put off !! The grandeur is received from the moment you enter .

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank keycostello

Thank you keycostello for your wonderful review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. We believe that all those small touches make the Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa experience more personal and I'm glad you enjoyed them. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 2 June 2015 via mobile

This was our second trip to Aghadoe in 2015. We had our first break there at Easter. This is just such a lovely hotel. The big PLUS is the incredible staff. Many of them locals and it makes a big difference.

I had a lovely treatment in the Spa and the breakfast is terrific and Breda Lucey at the Lake Room deserves all of those awards and recognition. It is about two miles from Killarney centre but a shuttle bus will pop you in to town from the hotel if you fancy it. The bar on the first floor is just gorgeous and the overall feeling is one of complete relaxation.

We visited the Smokehouse restaurant and The Laurels pub in Killarney too. Great atmosphere and lovely vibe.

It's nearly 4 hours drive from Dublin on a bank holiday weekend. All because of the dreadful Adare traffic. Only three hours on the way home, but all in all, 100% worth it. We loved Aghadoe and will definitely be back.

Congrats to the great team there.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank orlaith b
Aghadoe_Heights, Manager at Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2015

Thank you orlaith b for your wonderful review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us once again. The team are Aghadoe are extremely passionate about their work and love meeting new and old guests. I will pass on your kind comments to Breeda Lucey and all the team. I look forward to welcoming you back to Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa.

Reviewed 2 June 2015

Stayed here 2 nights as part of tour of Ireland. The hotel is about 15 minutes from downtown, but the location is fantastic,(when it is not raining). The hotel has excellent facilities, including a large fitness area, large pool and whirlpool. The rooms are very large, with sitting area and balcony. The best way to see the mountains is to get room on road side. The service is fantastic and the staff to everything to make you feel welcome and assist with any request.

Room Tip: Road side of hotel provides great views
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Aghadoe_Heights, Manager at Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2015

Thank you Retiredtraveler65 for your wonderful review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. The team at Aghadoe are extremely passionate about their work and love meeting new and old guests. We are very fortunate with the spectacular views and they never fail to take our breath away. I look forward to welcome you back.