“It's neat inside”

Earl Smith Strand Theatre
Ranked #3 of 38 things to do in Marietta
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Went for a local showing of the princess bride. For an old time theater, it didn't smell, was clean and fairly comfortable. Would be nice to go back again. Oh they have a balcony too, that was kinda unique.

All reviews
"refreshments"
"lumiere"
"lloyd"

Reviewed 18 February 2018

We recently rented the second floor lounge and fourth floor ballroom for an interactive roleplaying event for approximately 100 people. The space itself is beautiful, especially the Lumiere Lounge on the second floor. The staff was incredibly helpful, friendly, and accommodating to our somewhat unique needs. Chris was our main contact throughout and was really easy to work with. The bar staff was fun and engaging, and they make a mean Old Fashioned. If you are looking for a unique event space with friendly staff you cannot go wrong with The Strand.

Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

For a small town revue it was sensational and entertaining. The vocals were not spectacular but it brought out the Christmas spirit in the full capacity crown. With a comic brought in to liven up the crowd he was a good break bereeen the guitars, violins, banjo, bass, and vocals. We have been to numerous shows at the Strand and have enjoyed each and every one. One of the best things to do is go about two hours before show time and enjoy a nice dinner and maybe a glass of wine in the great variety of establishments. This last time ( 2 days ago) we also enjoyed the ice skating rink and even Santa was there entertaining children. Downtown Marietta is just wonderful!!

1  Thank fredericks985
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Great venue, sound is very good for concerts and musical groups. This theater has been upgraded to today's higher standards. The location is perfect for a full night of adventure. Many excellent dining place within walking distance.

See more reviews
Reviewed 9 November 2017

I'm a tad biased about this place. I have been both a patron and a performer so I'm privy to how the theater works with the shows and deals with their patrons. My show, My Mother's Italian, My Father's Jewish & I'm in Therapy appeared at the Strand a couple of years ago. I can sincerely say that the staff was a pleasure to work with and the patrons were nothing short of: Delicious. Before we actually rented the theater, we saw a few of their presentations. They do bring in a nice blend of local talent and theatrical touring productions as well as a fine mix of cinema. The theater is very much a part of the community and it appears that the locals consider the Strand a gem. Their Popcorn, on the other hand, needs work. Great evening out. Steve Solomon