Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Carl S
Klintehamn, Sweden

Not worth a revisit

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 24 Feb 2020
My partner and I spent 10 days in KwaZulu Natal as part of a two month's stay in RSA. This accomodation is the worst we have used during a total of one year aws tourists in the country.
We stayed there for two nights and after some hours we found that a corner by the window was wet. Water was dripping from the window (it was raining). We got a new room as calling the reception. The whole place need a refurbishment.
Breakfast was not a pleasure, the bacon was cooked, not fried. For coffee you should take instant powder and not so hot water. Wifi not working in the rooms, but good in the reception area.
Date of stay: February 2020
2.0 of 5 bubblesValue
2.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
3.0 of 5 bubblesService
Wonderful house. Great view. Great hosts.
0.9 km from La Mercy Beach Hotel
  • Booking.com
  • Hotels.com
3.8 km from La Mercy Beach Hotel
Free parking
A view of the hotel from the backyard
  • travelup.com
pool area
9.3 km from La Mercy Beach Hotel
10.4 km from La Mercy Beach Hotel
View more hotels in La Mercy
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 December 2019 via mobile

Hi.
So we checked in like normal n I went out for a function. On my return my boyfriend wanted Something to drink from the bottle store downstairs. After paying for the stuff the lady says we are not allowed to take it yo the room, which I found to be ridiculous cause we bought it from the shop on the premises.. Anyway I had some left over pizza and during the night we got hungry n wanted to make the pizza hot, I called reception to find out if they got a mircowave and was told Im not allowed food from outside either....

Honestly now, I paid for the room n ive never had a place tell me I cant bring any food or drinks from outside to my room..

As for breakfast, service was slow, juice was warm, I asked for the bacon on the side n not on my plate cause I dont eat bacon, and the bacon was on my plate. Boyfriend asked for Sunnyside eggs but got well done eggs. We had no salt on the table, I had to get from the next table, no fork or knife on my table I took from the next table..

Not somewhere I would go again

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2019

On arrival we were greeted by staff that looked very confused because we had booked and paid online, Booking.com. We produced our booking form and proof of payment but the "lady" from the back office insisted that we have to pay again [and hey we were there and wasn't about to drive around looking for other accommodation] So my friend paid and we were told that she can accommodate us as she had one room left. We had to walk up to the room. Corridors are dark and seedy. The room smelled offal and the windows were dirty & wouldnt open due to corrossion. We complained and was moved to another room. The room was musty and far from comfortable. We had to pay for the use of the remotes and for use of a blow dryer. At diner they could not provide half of the items on the menu and you are watched throughout your meal. There is a bottle store downstairs but you are not allowed to buy alchohol if you stay at the hotel. We got better food at the place down the road. on the morning of us checking out we packed up and went down to breakfast, they took long to serve us [as it is not buffet style] During our meal we were approached by the "lady/manager/owner?" who very rudely told us that we have to check out. Gavintold her they took long to serve us and we will as soon as we are done with our meal. She screamed at him that she does not care, checkout is at 10 and that's it. we fetched our belongings and they seemed very hesitant and took very long to refund us for the remotes and blow dryer. The staff are over worked and look very afraid to step out of line.Cutlery, rooms, hallways, windows are dirty and management are rude. Please don't waste your money on this place.

Room tip: all rooms are terrible
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank JulesGav
Reviewed 28 December 2018

they do not admit their faults especially administration part of it. Kitchen service not good at all breakfast needs to improve. Facilities need to upgraded, water is not adjustable in the rooms showers are too hot.

Room tip: room at the south are sea facing
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank hazel1606
Reviewed 28 September 2018

Upon arrival at the hotel as part of a group, I was had on the 5th floor Upon entering the plan white printed room the curtains were closed. Upon pulling them back there was a view of the surf coming in. The television was on, but no remote control to turn it off or change channels. I was advised that the hotel charged 100 rand deposit. In general, the room smelt. Late in the evening, I went down to eat, to be met by the members of our group saying it will take up to 45mins to be served.
In fact, it was some10 mins before I was served, Must of the items on the menu was off. Both the starter and main course came out at the same time.
At breakfast next morning when the whole group was down the English breakfast was very limited, however, once you finished the plates were taken away by the staff, as it appears that both owners were their .w hat a pity one was not around the previous evening.
In general, the only thing this hotel has it favour is the view,

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Keith B
Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

On arrival the hotel looked ok, however things got worse.
There were a small flight of stairs just to get to the elevator. Once on our floor, we were greeted by a very unpleasant musty smell, this probably came from the bathroom vented windows that are in the corridor.
Once in the room I found nail clippings after moving the twin beds aside, so we weren’t sleeping together.
The WiFi didn’t work and was told it hadn’t worked for at last 4 days, this was more than inconvenient as I had work to do.
We went down for dinner, all I can say was after actually finding something they actually had, it took ages to arrive, tiny portions and quite disgusting. Also ran out of local beer choice. However the nice lady serving us was lovely and very over worked.
None of our rooms had a TV remote available.
The room was dated, the bathroom needed some TLC, the toilet seat was very loose and dangerous, however the water was hot and I mean VERY hot.
Breakfast buffet was available, however the choices was VERY limited, the hot food was not in any way hot and breakfast seemed to be packed away in a rush as if we were an inconvenience.
I can honestly on behalf of myself and the friends that I was staying with, we all agreed this place was awful and probably the worst hotel we had ever stayed in and the only positive thing I can say about it was the lovely sea view.

Date of stay: September 2018