Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Keith B
Surbiton, United Kingdom

What can i say ?

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 28 Sept 2018
Upon arrival at the hotel as part of a group, I was had on the 5th floor Upon entering the plan white printed room the curtains were closed. Upon pulling them back there was a view of the surf coming in. The television was on, but no remote control to turn it off or change channels. I was advised that the hotel charged 100 rand deposit. In general, the room smelt. Late in the evening, I went down to eat, to be met by the members of our group saying it will take up to 45mins to be served.
In fact, it was some10 mins before I was served, Must of the items on the menu was off. Both the starter and main course came out at the same time.
At breakfast next morning when the whole group was down the English breakfast was very limited, however, once you finished the plates were taken away by the staff, as it appears that both owners were their .w hat a pity one was not around the previous evening.
In general, the only thing this hotel has it favour is the view,
Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1.0 of 5 bubblesValue
3.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
1.0 of 5 bubblesService
Wonderful house. Great view. Great hosts.
  • Priceline
Get rewarded with One Key
  • Hotels.com
  • Booking.com
1.4 km from La Mercy Beach Hotel
A view of the hotel from the backyard
Earn Trip Coins after your stay
10.4 km from La Mercy Beach Hotel
Cottage Lounge
10.0 km from La Mercy Beach Hotel
View more hotels in La Mercy
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

On arrival the hotel looked ok, however things got worse.
There were a small flight of stairs just to get to the elevator. Once on our floor, we were greeted by a very unpleasant musty smell, this probably came from the bathroom vented windows that are in the corridor.
Once in the room I found nail clippings after moving the twin beds aside, so we weren’t sleeping together.
The WiFi didn’t work and was told it hadn’t worked for at last 4 days, this was more than inconvenient as I had work to do.
We went down for dinner, all I can say was after actually finding something they actually had, it took ages to arrive, tiny portions and quite disgusting. Also ran out of local beer choice. However the nice lady serving us was lovely and very over worked.
None of our rooms had a TV remote available.
The room was dated, the bathroom needed some TLC, the toilet seat was very loose and dangerous, however the water was hot and I mean VERY hot.
Breakfast buffet was available, however the choices was VERY limited, the hot food was not in any way hot and breakfast seemed to be packed away in a rush as if we were an inconvenience.
I can honestly on behalf of myself and the friends that I was staying with, we all agreed this place was awful and probably the worst hotel we had ever stayed in and the only positive thing I can say about it was the lovely sea view.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank D4846CSsteveh
Reviewed 26 March 2018

had the fish and chips from there. the food was ok as the fish was so tiny, chipc was excellent. good curries but not on all days. the atmosphere of the restaurant could do with cleaner tables clothes and floors and also more alert staff.if you need a quick bite this place is fine if not dont bother bringing the family.

Date of stay: March 2018
1  Thank elainen18
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

We have been here at La Mercy Beach Hotel on numerous occasions . The food was absolutely devine every time. The service also has always been superb. Will highly recommend the Hotel to anybody that wants good food with good service

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank vikashini
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

I read the reviews for this hotel and was very unsure of what to expect as some reviews were not very good. We only stayed a night here as it is close to the airport but I have no complaints. The room was clean and of a decent size. All rooms have a sea view. It was a bit odd entering the hotel past the kitchen from the parking lot. We had a 3 course dinner there and it was excellent. It was out of season so good value for money. I would stay here again

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2017

Stayed to one night. I had seen the poor reviews but it was close and convenient to Durban Airport. Poor management - no one seemed to be capable of making decisions and I suspect there had been a significant turnover of staff, for wile staff were polite, they often could not answer simple questions. Food service was extremely slow even though there was only a small number of guests - it took my fellow diner 50 minutes to get a cup of coffee! Overall, the hotel would certainly rival a modern day "Faulty Towers".

Date of stay: June 2017