We came in to the shop to get ice cream after our dinner while on vacation. My one year-old ended up getting sick in the middle of the restaurant as we were trying to check out. The girl behind the counter said that we needed to clean it up with paper towels because they refused to use their mop to clean their own floor. I was forced to wipe up the throw up while holding my sick child with my other toddler running around the restaurant upset because he wanted his ice cream. All the while the girl stood there with her shirt over her nose. She brought us out bleach water at one point and handed it to us and then backed way up to watch us continue to try to clean up the mess while also caring for my sick child. As we were finishing she suggested that we take the trash out with us when we left. It was appalling on so many levels. It’s hard enough when you have a sick child unexpectedly in public but to then be humiliated in the process was just absolutely ridiculous, especially when paying $10 for a cup of ice cream. I’ve never in my life been treated that way. I feel like the lack of protocol for this type of thing has to be a health code violation.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.