“Beautiful Facility”

Price range: US$5 - US$60
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: The Jekyll Island Club Hotel Grand Dining Room continues to be the scene of social gatherings and gourmet experiences. Beautifully restored in the Victorian mode, the room is dominated by Ionic columns and gleaming white woodwork. Three handsome fireplaces, complete with intricately carved mantle pieces and marble surrounds, add warmth and cheer on a winter’s day. The lawns and the river can be seen through expansive windows, and the first blossoms of crepe myrtle and magnolia trees color the landscape in early spring. The glow of candlelight and piano music create an atmosphere of romance and anticipation of the gourmet meal to come. A cause celebre in Southern Georgia dining is the Grand Dining Room’s Sunday brunch, a culinary and visual delight.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Located in the Jekyll Island Club Hotel this restaurant matches the elegance of its surroundings. Unfortunately I can't say the same about the food. Most of what I ate seemed to be over cooked. Service is very good as would be expected.

Bruce W, General Manager at Grand Dining Room, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for the feedback. We are always happy to know the guests appreciated the ambiance of the Grand Dining Room and the historic surroundings. We are sorry that you did not enjoy your food. We would very much like to get some additional information from you re: your dining experience. If you have a moment can you please give our Director of Food and Beverage a call? 800-535-9547.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We all dressed up for dinner at the Grand Dining Room. It is a great place to teach children how to act at dinner. The room is just beautiful and I love being there. Our grandchildren (ages 6 and 8) acted liked little adults. The piano player was nice and played a couple of our favorite tunes. My granddaughter (age 6) and I danced to a couple of tunes which she loved.
My filet was excellent. They did not have baked potatoes which I would have preferred, but the potato they served with it was delicious.
Others had Lamb and Scallops. All delicious. The kids had french fries which they loved and I can't remember what else.
The mixed drinks were excellent. The service was excellent.
IMO it is not expensive for the experience! I loved having my family there, enjoying a beautiful dinning room with a piano man playing wonderful tunes. All and all a wonderful family experience. We will return the next time we at at Jekell.

Bruce W, General Manager at Grand Dining Room, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

It sounds like everyone had a wonderful dining experience. We are so glad you made it a family night with your grandchildren and that they both had a nice time. Thank you for all of the positive feedback-food, service and atmosphere. Join us again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have been coming to the Jekyll Island Club all my life and loved it - the history of the club is amazing and the feel of the club is grand. For father's day, we took my father to the brunch buffet and were a group of six. We had a lovely meal and enjoyed the beautiful dining room. When I got home, I thought back about the cost of the bill and realized that the tip had been added to the bill and then, not noticing this and not being told by our waitress, I added 20% to the total. For a place of the caliber of the Jekyll Island Club, I think it's strange that a tip would be automatically added. I also find it outrageous that we were not told that the tip was added and then, when we added a tip, not having it mentioned. It felt like we were tricked into double tipping. To be fair, when I called about it, the extra tip was refunded but I still have been left with a feeling of having been tricked and I don't feel the same about the club any more.

We appreciate you being long time guests of the Jekyll Island Club. We apologize for this occurrence. It is my understanding that our Director of Restaurants has taken care of this unfortuante situation with you. We hope you will join us again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is what people should think of when we say Southern. The atmosphere and dining room exudes the Old South.The service, and food are exceptional.

Bruce W, General Manager at Grand Dining Room, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for the review. We could not agree more and we are always happy to hear the food and service were exceptional.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Located in Jekyll Island Club Resort. A breathtaking breakfast buffet served every morning is the only meal we ate in the Grand Dining Room but it was heavenly. Decor transports you back in time when the elites like the Rockefellers dined here. Just very classy but comfy. Felt like home. We loved it.

The Grand Dining Room team does a great breakfast buffet. Thank you for joining us each morning. If you were to look at the orignal photos of the dining room from the early 1900s, it is amazing at what a great restoration that took place back in the 1980s. We are glad you had a nice dining experience.