Lake Chatuge Lodge(Hiawassee)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$127
US$146
All reviewsindoor poolroom was cleanhi expressplace to stayhot tubthe breakfast areadining area was cleancommon areasfront desk clerkone night stayneeds attentionlocal attractionsmini fridgenext morningyoung harrisgeorgia mountainthe staff was friendly and helpful
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

When I arrived I received no recognition that I was a platinum member. The internet in my room would come and go. I have allergies so I checked the air-conditioner filter and it had a thick blanket of dust that I washed out in the shower. The housekeeping staff needs to be vigilant about cleaning these filters for energy savings in for cleaner air for the guests. The bed was comfortable enough, but they had placed a layer of foam rubber on the mattress which tended to bunch up. The breakfast was OK. The price seems high for what you get here; I just consider it average.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank maynard7
Reviewed 31 May 2018

I travel the state for work and this location was on my list since I am a IHG member, so I found this one as I was working in nearby Blairsville. Only issue I had was when I walked in to my room (316), the AC was off, the room was warm and air was stagnant, so I turned it on full blast, but the antiquated AC unit couldn't cool the room down till hours later, once it got cooled off, it was fine, the other issue was, the full length mirror, not sure who thought it would fit next to a table, so fi you wanted to use it, you had to move the table and chairs, again, not sure who thought that one through. other than that, the room, service and staff were great, not much interaction, that's fine, didn't eat any breakfast there, I'm sure it's fine, but overall, it's just an average place to stay, nothing special and it suited my needs and I will be back again soon, like I said, it's nice and all but nothing special, I would recommend to the staff to look at the rooms that are going to be used, then have staff turn on the AC in those rooms for a better reception.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a quick break while hiking the AT and could not be happier with my choice! The room is clean, sheets are wonderfully soft, and above all the people who work here are the best humans on Earth!! They have gone above and beyond and i could not be moee appreciative. HIGHLY recommend this hotel!!!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

Run of the mill hotel, pleasant staff, ok rooms, having been in the woods for a few days warming up in the hot tub was just heaven - laundry facilities were ok. Did not sample the breakfast. Hiker rate as listed in the AT guide did not apply, apparently the noted price was “out of season “.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hiawassee, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

Hi Frank1958,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and comfortable accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very much appreciated. This is one of the ways that let us know where we need to improve.

Again, many thanks for the feedback and for staying with us. I hope that you will consider us again if your travels bring you back to our area. Have a wonderful day!

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 7 April 2018

breakfast was awful-the eggs were frozen-toaster blew the fuse every time someone used it. Out of a lot of things like milk. Pancake maker didn't work. The air conditioner in our room didn't half work and made an awful noise all night. One of our beds -the mattress felt like it was broken. There were missing tiles in the floor. The shower head was very old and barely worked. Will NOT stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hiawassee, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2018

Hello duke1120,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to leave us feedback. While I am glad the service went well for you, I am sorry that the condition of the air-conditioning and bed received fell below expectations. I want your stays with us to be pleasant. I know this requires our capacity to provide you with a well maintained and comfortable lodging experience. Your comments have been shared with the hotel management as reference for the improvement of the services we offer. I am confident that measures taken will avoid the same issues from reoccurring in the future.

I hope you change your mind and give us another chance to serve you better.

Best Regards,