A spacious cabin with plenty of room for three small families (five adults, three kids). We had room to spread out and do our own thing, or hang out together in the kitchen/living room area. The kids had a blast hanging downstairs in the rec room with pool table. The leaves were just starting to change when we were there, so we spent a fair amount of time relaxing on the wrap around porch balcony enjoying the view.
The cabin is about 15 minutes from the adorably quaint town of Helen, with lots of great restaurants and shops. Some of the roads to the cabin are steep, unpaved dirt roads. I would definitely recommend a four-wheel or all-wheel drive vehicle, if you have the option. However, our friends managed okay in a Kia Sorrento. We were initially sent the wrong code for the keypad, but a quick text message cleared up the miscommunication and we were in the cabin within minutes.
Everything was very clean and well kept. If you plan on doing a lot of cooking during your stay, I would recommend bringing some of your favorite tools. The kitchen has most things you would generally need, but missing a few of the essentials. There were pots, but no frying pans, a measuring cup, but no measuring spoons, and no cutting board. Luckily I had brought my favorite pans, based on an earlier review, but forgot a cutting board and had to buy one.
Over all we had a great stay, and I would definitely recommend it.
This house was great! We enjoyed being up in the mountains yet we were close enough to town to enjoy that as well. House was very spacious and had all of the comforts of home. The only suggestion would be to have a designated pantry for food- we improvised and it all worked out :) Wendy from the management company was incredible. We would definitely come back.
I'll start the pros:
- The view is amazing.
- The cabin is spacious and charming.
- The location is good - it's less than a 20 minute drive to downtown Helen and Ruby Falls.
- The WiFi is decent, and there's a land line if your cell service is lacking.
The cons, however, were pretty inconvenient:
- We arrived right at check-in time (4:00) only to find out that the provided code did not unlock the door, as it was supposed to. We had to call the office 4 times before anyone picked up, and then learned that they'd emailed us the wrong code. This was extremely inconvenient and unprofessional, and took away from our time at the cabin.
- They provide *very* little toilet paper and paper towels. You'll end up having to buy your own.
- There was the teeny tiniest bit of hand soap, and it was extremely watered down. I mean, really, how much does a bottle of hand soap cost? I'll tell you, because I had to go out and buy some myself: less than a dollar. We had to do the same for dish soap.
- The sheets are paper-thin. I recommend bringing your own.
- Light bulbs were out all over the place - in the kitchen, on the porch, on the path that leads down to the fire pit (which is extremely dangerous when you can't see where you're walking.
- The cover for the hot tub does not latch or buckle. The slightest wind blows the cover off and scares the daylights out of you if you're downstairs. We ended up having to put a chair on top of it just to secure it in place.
- If you plan on cooking much, you'll likely need to bring your own pots and pans. There were several pots, but no pans, and none of the lids matched the pots.
- Many of the dishes in the cupboard were dirty, so wash everything before you use it to be safe.
- Instructions in the kitchen indicate that you should take the trash out before you leave, but there were no extra trash bags. Oh joy, another trip to the store.
Overall, it seemed like the owners of this cabin rely on the views for satisfactory experiences, and skimped on just about everything else. My advice is to go with a different cabin rental company in the area. By the time you make 20 trips to the store and replace all of the supplies that *should* be stocked in a vacation rental, you'd be better off staying at a slightly more expensive place.
I check in friday and after so many hr drivimg iI didnt really check much i took a buble bath have a ber and go to sleep but I noticed that floor ws nor sweep properly when i got off the tub I saw the window from the shower was not clean properly the toilet paper holder was really,lose almst broken the cheets have a stain is a shame because is so a beautiful cozy cabing Bit of housekeeping is not good to me take points out next day i took a quick shower and leaft when i came back and took other shower. Saw all the hair in the wtwr drain and it was not mine I call the office and the lady i spoke didnt apology was rather defencive that was my job to call them so they can fix it but come one at simple eye all looked find but noo i did t want no one to come it ws the dy i wanted go have privacy with my other half and her response was not very hospitality manner what ever i have detergent in my car so i cleaned myself i saw a broom and sweipe myself ... The bed I would advice to soon be replce is way to sofl no in a good way some areas of it you just sink in wish shown over use bevause is not the same n all the sizes of it
I do not think im coming back because cleanness is everything other than tha Like i said before i a nice place privted with good location facility and decoration
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
Loved the cabin no complaints only the road getting there is very rough and steep wish it could be paved the cabin needs a bear proof garbage can the view is gorgeous enjoyed my visit