“Lunch”

Rib Country BBQ
Ranked #19 of 76 Restaurants in Helen
Price range: US$5 - US$16
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: A real wood fired Southern BBQ joint!
Description: A real wood fired Southern BBQ joint!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We decided to get lunch while in Helen. We also had our fru baby Lucky with us. We choose to eat here and was very pleased with everything and we will be back.

Reviewed 10 June 2018

We go to Helen once a year for a big Shrine meeting. Last year, my wife and I ate there- WOW! the ribs fell off the bone. This year we ordered the same ting- baby back ribs. Mine came (with fries and beans). hers was with beans and slaw. Both come with Texas toast. Her toast was burnt on one side. My fries were hard, cold and not tasty. My ribs were extremely dry, hard and burnt. I usually am not one to complain. So, I tried to eat them. I could only eat half- I took the platter up and told the young lady that the cooks should have to try to eat them. The manager did refund the price of my meal, offered to fix me another plate and even took my name so if I came back over the weekend I could have a free meal. WE did not make it back.

Reviewed 1 June 2018

We ate a variety of items and they were all Great! We sample some of the different beers they have which was nice.
I'd recommend this place to everyone s you sit outside by the river enjoying the food.

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

We loved this place while we were visiting family!!! We got the chicken baskets and oh my lanta……so much chicken! We had to take two boxes to go bc we couldn’t eat it all!! The food was amazing and we will be coming back!!!

Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

We went on a Wednesday for lunch and there was only one other couple there. There was only one person working that day and it was the manager Michelle. She was super nice and accommodating. I told her that had driven past this place for years and had never eaten there. I ordered the rib plate and asked if I could trade out one of my sides for a small portion of pulled pork because I wanted to try as many different things as I could in one sitting. She let me keep my second side and gave me some pulled pork to sample anyway. We sat on the deck overlooking the river and it was such a nice experience. The ribs were fantastic and the pulled pork was amazing. You could really taste the smoke in the pork. I asked if they smoked the pork on site or somewhere else. Michelle told me that it was smoked on site for 12 hours and it was delicious. Even the garlic bread was awesome. So after finishing all my ribs and pork I noticed that my wife couldn't finish her pork sandwich so I was happy to help her out with that. I couldn't stop eating because the food was so good. I almost ate myself into a meat coma. So great view, great food. Rib Country is definitely on my list of must stops when we come through town now. Enjoy!!!

Been to Rib Country BBQ? Share your experiences!