“Used to be Great but have become impossible to deal with”

Paradise Rental Boats
Ranked #1 of 4 Tours in Gainesville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 28 June 2018

I have rented from here for years and always had a good experience. The customer service the last couple years has really gone downhill. Purchased a coupon for a Monday through Friday Rental only to find out that they have now designated the ENTIRE WEEK OF THE 4TH OF JULY as a holiday. So now i cannot use the coupon I planned to use, and they will not allow me to just credit the amount of the coupon to a LARGER boat rental?!? Unaccommodating and completely unwilling to compromise. I think I'm done with them.

All reviews
"great boat"
"power boat"
"busy weekend"
in 2 reviews
"staff was very friendly"
"pontoon"
"runabout"
"gas"
"yacht"

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Great service. The boats they have to choose from are very nice and maintained very well. They have good hours to choose from for renting. They do require you to watch a video and take a short online course that can be done before you go there. They also have a good restaurant at the marina. It's a tad pricey but good.

1  Thank paula h
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Spent Sunday afternoon of Labor Day weekend on a 20ft pontoon. Ten family members had a great time riding around Lake Lanier. Though the rental office was very busy considering the weekend rush, they were thorough and quick with our rental.

I would suggest if you are renting on a busy weekend to arrive at least 45 prior to your rental time. The parking lots get crowded and getting down to the dock takes time. We arrived at 215 for a 3pm rental and that was just enough time to get settled before our rental time started.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

I won a free 4 hour boat rental at the Atlanta Boat show earlier this year and decided to use it on August 21st to watch the eclipse. We rented an 18' runabout and HAD A BLAST!!! Every one we came in contact with from the young lady that checked us in, to the gentleman going through the boat inspection, the the gentleman that greeted us at the dock once we returned were very friendly, and were very thorough going through all of the information we needed to know. The boat we rented was fantastic, and it fit our party of 4 very well! The boat was very clean and ran well, we did feel very safe on it. I am extremely eager to get back on the water and will absolutely go through Paradise again! I am already planning another trip before the end of the season and cannot wait! Thanks for being the best marina in Gainesville!

See more reviews
Reviewed 15 August 2017

We had 3 couples on a pontoon from 10am to 2pm. We had a blast boating on the lake. Also a great activity for families and couples. I've used this company several times in the past. I think they have a great set up for renting. The friendly staff knows their stuff. You bring your stuff, check in and load the boat. After a short intro to the boat you are off having fun. If you have rented before you know the drill, but if it's your first time read the website info very carefully. Take the boating test before you arrive. Bring your license or a copy, your confirmation and money or credit card to pay for the gas you use or any other add-on's. An Awesome Day!