“HOSPITALITY PLUS”
Review of Inn at Folkston

Inn at Folkston
Ranked #1 of 1 Folkston B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 September 2017

We were so lucky to have found this place while driving North. The owners are gracious and welcoming and the B and B is spotless. We enjoyed relaxing here and we took their recommendation for dinner and their help finding a church the next day. The town is so interesting as you can watch trains come and go from platforms, from your car or just by standing by the tracks. It seems to be a crossroads for trains in every direction. The whole experience was exceptional.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 August 2017

I gave 5 stars for the whole experience of staying here instead of a boring hotel. Very clean - great hosts - tasty breakfast. The room we stayed in was the family room - the other rooms looked more interesting but of course would not fit us all in (we had 2 kids with us). Felt very rested and relaxed for the long drive the following day.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

Wow what a place! So sad to be staying here for only one night. The Inn is beautiful, we stayed in the spacious Family room at the back. You get use of a lovely lounge and dining area. Breakfast using fresh local produce is amazing! What makes this place stand out are the owners, Ted & Alease who are extremely welcoming. Highly recommend if you are in the area!
P.s. Check out Thai Smile down the road for delicious Thai food

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

I have had the pleasure of staying at this quaint B&B twice for work. On both trips, I have stayed in the Lighthouse Room. This room has its own screen porch! Everything about this B&B is welcoming and filled with love. The rooms are cute and clean, the inn keepers are as nice as can be, and the location is really nice. You can walk to dinner and watch the trains. Also, if you're a runner like me, Folkston is nice and flat!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2017

I was recently deployed to the West Mims Fire near Folkston, Georgia. We were all responsible for booking our lodging. So while all my teammates were staying in generic hotels, I decided to take a different tact. I found the Inn at Folkston, and I am so glad I did. The proprietors, Ted and Alease Kelly, could not be more considerate. When I checked in Mrs. Kelly asked what time I would like my breakfast. I told her that on incidents, we work 16 hours a day, 21 days in a row. I said I'd leave early and get back late, and that she'd probably think I was a ghost. Mrs. Kelly insisted that I must have a good breakfast to start my day; finally, we agreed that I'd just grab a sack breakfast to go. Every day I would wonder into the kitchen at o-dark-thirty, to find Mrs. Kelly busy preparing breakfast for her guests. There would be a pot of fresh coffee and a little to-go bag for me. Each day I got something different, a wonderful breakfast casserole made from homemade biscuits with an egg, bacon, and cheese, a small cup of cheese grits, an egg and locally made sausage on top, freshly baked blueberry muffins and apple butter. Each day something different; each day something wonderful. I was in a train themed room. It was spacious and clean. The bed was comfortable, and the shower was hot, with good pressure. There are two things you have to understand about Folkston. First is the water. It smells bad, like the swamp. It's not a reflection on the Inn, it's just how the water is in this little town, and second are the trains. Since Hurricane Katrina, the train routes have been changed so that most all of the cargo coming from, and rolling into Florida is channeled through Georgia. Folkston has as many as 60 trains rumbling through on any given day. Quite a few guests at the Inn come to watch trains. You can hear and feel these mighty steel beasts as they pass through town. They shake the ground and blow their horns like concurring armies charging through. I didn't mind the trains, after a long day, stacked behind a bunch of long days; I would wake, hear the horn, feel the vibration and then drift back to sleep when the train passed. I highly recommend the Inn at Folkston. Ted and Alease Kelly will make you feel like family.

Room Tip: Come hungry. The breakfasts are the best.