“LOVE this B&B! ”
Review of Inn at Folkston

Inn at Folkston
Ranked #1 of 1 Folkston B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

I have had the pleasure of staying at this quaint B&B twice for work. On both trips, I have stayed in the Lighthouse Room. This room has its own screen porch! Everything about this B&B is welcoming and filled with love. The rooms are cute and clean, the inn keepers are as nice as can be, and the location is really nice. You can walk to dinner and watch the trains. Also, if you're a runner like me, Folkston is nice and flat!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 May 2017

I was recently deployed to the West Mims Fire near Folkston, Georgia. We were all responsible for booking our lodging. So while all my teammates were staying in generic hotels, I decided to take a different tact. I found the Inn at Folkston, and I am so glad I did. The proprietors, Ted and Alease Kelly, could not be more considerate. When I checked in Mrs. Kelly asked what time I would like my breakfast. I told her that on incidents, we work 16 hours a day, 21 days in a row. I said I'd leave early and get back late, and that she'd probably think I was a ghost. Mrs. Kelly insisted that I must have a good breakfast to start my day; finally, we agreed that I'd just grab a sack breakfast to go. Every day I would wonder into the kitchen at o-dark-thirty, to find Mrs. Kelly busy preparing breakfast for her guests. There would be a pot of fresh coffee and a little to-go bag for me. Each day I got something different, a wonderful breakfast casserole made from homemade biscuits with an egg, bacon, and cheese, a small cup of cheese grits, an egg and locally made sausage on top, freshly baked blueberry muffins and apple butter. Each day something different; each day something wonderful. I was in a train themed room. It was spacious and clean. The bed was comfortable, and the shower was hot, with good pressure. There are two things you have to understand about Folkston. First is the water. It smells bad, like the swamp. It's not a reflection on the Inn, it's just how the water is in this little town, and second are the trains. Since Hurricane Katrina, the train routes have been changed so that most all of the cargo coming from, and rolling into Florida is channeled through Georgia. Folkston has as many as 60 trains rumbling through on any given day. Quite a few guests at the Inn come to watch trains. You can hear and feel these mighty steel beasts as they pass through town. They shake the ground and blow their horns like concurring armies charging through. I didn't mind the trains, after a long day, stacked behind a bunch of long days; I would wake, hear the horn, feel the vibration and then drift back to sleep when the train passed. I highly recommend the Inn at Folkston. Ted and Alease Kelly will make you feel like family.

Room Tip: Come hungry. The breakfasts are the best.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Ted K, Owner at Inn at Folkston, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2017

Thanks for the review and we really appreciated your services here in our area.

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

This was our second visit to the inn at Folkston and we were welcomed with all the hospitality and warmth we've come to appreciate from Ted and Alease. They truly make you feel like family! We stayed in the Funnel room-comfy queen size bed and roomy bathroom.
A visit to this Inn should always include some time spent on the massive covered front porch. It's a step back in time as you rock away your cares, breeze blowing through-it's amazing!
Breakfast was scrumptious, coffee served up hot and fresh. Ted sat with us a few minutes to chat-they truly make you feel like you're home. Alease is an awesome chef too!
We'll visit again soon. We highly recommend the Inn at Folkston.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2017

This was our first stay in Folkston, the Inn was a great choice. The hosts were wonderful and it is within walking distance to town. Rooms were clean, comfortable and quiet. If we have a need to stay in Folkston again we will definitely stay at the "Inn at Folkston"

Room Tip: The 4rooms available are all well decorated and quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 May 2017

I am thrilled to recommend the Inn at Folkston. The innkeepers, Ted and Alease, are so warm, welcoming and kind. They are attentive to every detail and accommodate every request. I stayed for a full week while on business. Some rooms have desks and if not a desk can be provided. WiFi access was great as cell service in the area is spotty. The garden is beautiful and peaceful. The expansive front porch is relaxing. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and decorated beautifully with different themes. Breakfast every morning was amazing. Local fresh eggs and fruit were artfully prepared. Ted's special coffee blend is delicious. Overall an amazing experience which made me feel more like I was on vacation than in town for work. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Folkston
35.0 km away
11.5 km away
Okefenokee Pastimes
Okefenokee Pastimes
#1 of 6 in Folkston

Been to Inn at Folkston? Share your experiences!