“Very Good, huge portions ”
Review of El Jimador

El Jimador
Ranked #30 of 90 Restaurants in Dahlonega
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Spent a few days in Dahlonega and stoped I’m for dinner here. Glad we did. Had Yummy guacamole with the fresh chips and the fajitas for two and the portion was giant. The pic attached is after we each already had one. Will
Prob stop in for lunch tomorrow before we leave.

Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

We arrived in town late and were starving. Stopped by and were promptly seated and served our cold drinks and very good chips and salsa. We each ordered from the combo menu, and the portions were huge. We could have easily shared a meal. Food was quite tasty.

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

This may not be the worst meal I've ever had, but it's a close second. I dined here on a Tuesday evening around 6:30. It wasn't packed, but busy. I was finally seated by the bartender, I think she was. She brought me some chips nd salsa, I had a basket of mostly chip pieces. Salsa was ok. I ordered a diet coke, but she brought me a real coke. I waited forever for someone to take my order. A guy waiter kept looking at me, but never said anything. FINALLY she came back and took my order. I told her about the coke, she said she would bring me another one. What I didn't know was that I would almost die if thirst before she did. FINALLY my food came out, I had ordered the Texano loco, rice, chicken, steak and shrimp covered in cheese dip. When the food finally arrived, I couldn't believe my eyes. 3 shrimp, 6 small, I repeat, small pieces of steak and a few small pieces of chicken and maybe a cup of rice for $11.00. The bill total was over $14. Never, ever will grace this establishment whit my presence. This time TA let me down, cuz previous reviews were pretty good, but it's been 6 months since the last review. Take my advice and go elsewhere.

Reviewed 18 December 2017

And I eat a lot of Mexican! Another cute restaurant in downtown Dahlonega. Very fresh food, the salsa, chips, and queso were excellent.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

I put in another "to go" order for the Fajitas. The price did go up, and they do charge a 50 cent "to go" charge, but I really do not mind at all. Everyone in the restaurant are awesome. They are so friendly and helpful. This time my wife and I had lunch and dinner from this same order. I even had a couple of cups left over of the order, (after we ate lunch and dinner) and I froze it. A couple of days later I defrosted it and put it in a Frittata that I made, and it was delicious. I love this restaurant and their food. The cooks are awesome and the servers are friendly, professional, and drop dead gorgeous.