Open today: 12:00 - 17:00
More Information

Ways to Experience Yonah Mountain Vineyards
from US$158,98
More Info
All reviews wine tasting great wine live music beautiful venue enjoyable afternoon cheese plate bring home north georgia genesis yonah glass vineyard wineries reds vines property wedding
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 October 2012

We decided to try the "Tour de la Cave" wine tour and tasting.

This tour costs $25. For that, you get a tour of their winemaking process and a few tastes of not-yet-released wines while in their wine cave. After that, you drive to their tasting room (about 10 minutes away), where the winemaker takes you through a tasting of 8 of their wines.

We've been on many wine tours in Georgia, New York and California. This was, by far, the best we have been on. The winemaker himself (Joe) discusses the process and leads the tasting in the cave (well, I guess it's technically a cave, although it doesn't really look like it) and at the tasting room. One of the owners also joined us during the tasting.

If you decide to go on the wine tour, they are held only on Saturdays and you have to make reservations. Try to be sure to join one that is lead by the winemaker. (I'm not sure he always leads the tour at the vineyard.)

The wines are some of the best in the area. We've been to pretty much every winery in N Georgia, and I would definitely put the quality of the wines in the top 3.

You can also just do a wine tasting at the tasting room. I can't remember the cost of these, but it seemed reasonable.

My one complaint is that the tasting room is somewhat small and can get loud once there is a group in there. It sounds like they are working on building a larger one right at the winery.

Date of experience: October 2012