All reviews small breakfast decent hotel family operation breakfast room room door coffee maker stores and restaurants quiet area beds were comfortable comfortable place stay there again convenient location a wonderful place to stay enjoyed our stay small town log cabin downtown blue ridge
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Unfortunate experience!
Our reservations were made 3 months prior to our planned visit. (out of state). Two days before our trip, we called and hotel had no record of our reservation, After a day of anxiety, had a cancellation for one room, costing us more. We ended up having to move to a different room the second night. Hotels owners did not apologize or show concern! I would not recommend booking here without regularly calling to confirm regularly in advance.

Room Tip: It was all ground level.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great location close to town and Mercier Orchards. Motel is in outstanding condition. Rooms are clean with plenty of fresh towels and washcloths. Carpet is new and air conditioner works better than a lot of newer brand name hotels. Trip Advisor was spot on with the reviews of the motel.

Room Tip: Rooms were all first floor.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The room was older, but it was clean. My biggest complaint was the smell. The smell of cleaning products was very strong when we entered; however, as that smell faded, the smell of cigarette smoke was present. I bought some air fresheners and that helped. If you are sensitive to the smell of smoke, just know it is a possibility in a non-smoking room.

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

Title pretty much sums up the place. What few renovations and money they've sunk into their motel, went into the very cheapest items across the board. First, the beds are wildly uncomfortable. My wife and I both hurt from just 1 night's sleep. The TV has speakers which are busted I presume because it rattles when any noise from TV. Looks like linens have not been replaced in quite some time. Shower curtain has black mold on it (seriously they're like $3 at a dollar store) I wouldn't recommend staying here but with limited options for downtown Blue Ridge, I'm sure this place will continue to get business.

1  Thank Wesley_4024
Reviewed 14 September 2018

I chose this motel based on its location and good reviews. I was disappointed. To be fair I was doing a long-distance hike of the Benton MacKaye trail and after 5 days of backpacking I was probably a little rough looking. I was given unit 103 which was close to the office. The room was reasonably clean but the bathroom was in disrepair. The toilet did not function as the chain was disconnected to the flapper. Since I had already used it I felt it best to fix it. The real problem however, was the broken seat which pinched when sat upon. I immediately reported the issue and told it would be fixed. In my two days there it wasn't; even with repeated complaints
The entire bathroom was run down with missing popups in the sink and tub. The caulking around the to surround was falling apart. It certainly wasn't attractive. I was never offered another room even though the place did not appear full. Had I not been on foot I would have moved elsewhere. Save yourself the experience.

Room Tip: Inspect the room before moving in.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo