Open today: 00:00 - 00:00
Review Highlights
3D-2N Trek Rinjani Mount with Cakrawala Rinjani

We 3 friends took a 3D2N summit tour to Mount Rinjani. The hike was tough, both physically and... read more

Reviewed 10 July 2018
Laura C
via mobile
Cakrawala Rinajni trekking

I did a 3 days 2 nights trek with Cakrawala Rinjani trekking. The booking and arranging of the trip... read more

Reviewed 27 June 2018
esztercz
Stockholm, Sweden
via mobile

All reviews guide danny an amazing job amazing trip thank you so much camping equipment rinjani trekking great company hard work these guys fruit his team crater rim sultan ringo teams mali banana
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

An amazing all round experience! Smooth organisation with Mr Sultan, and a great team with Denny as our guide, along with two porters, all of whom were friendly, helpful and environmentally conscious, trying to alleviate the growing litter problem on Rinjani. The trek shouldn’t be underestimated but was certainly worth the hard work!

Reviewed 17 June 2018

My group and I went on a 3 day/2 night trek with Dul Doel and his team and they were absolutely incredible. They were all so helpful and caring. When we were in need of something they were always there and with a smile their face, which made us happy. The view on the top was fantastic and worth all the hard work, so if you are up for a challenge with a great reward I will definitely recommend this trek and of course doing it with Dul Doel and his excellent team :) <3

1  Thank Mads L
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

We’ve just got back from our trek to the summit of Rinjani!

Mr Sultan was very helpful from the moment I emailed him (over 6 months ago) and the driver was waiting for us when we arrived in Lombok. We were taken to an amazing homestay for the night before the trek with the most beautiful views!

Our guide for the tour was Dul and he was amazing throughout! We set off the next day and trekked for 6 hours to the crater rim. A brilliant day stopping for some incredible food cooked by our porters!

The next day we woke at 2am to more food and then began the climb to the summit. It’s fair to say it was even harder than we expected- the sand/rocks make it brutal to climb but we eventually made it for sunrise and were greeted by the amazing views! I suppose it’s worth it!!

All in all a great trip! The food is worth another mention as it was quite simply incredible the quality and amount of food and snacks we were fed! The porters do an amazing job carrying it all up the mountain and cooking everything for you!

If you’re thinking of climbing Rinjani then we’d definitely recommend Mr Sultan and Cakrawala Rinjani Trekking and you should ask for Dul - he’s great!

1  Thank Tom G
Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I just completed the 3 days 2 nights trip and it truly was one of the most spectacular experiences we have had in our lives.

We could not have asked for a better set up, with Mr. Sultan planning our trip perfectly, to having the most amazing guide in, Nas and our porters were machines (we are still in awe at how they carry all the equipment up and down the mountain at ease). The food was super yummy and we couldn't finish it all as they gave us plenty.

My boyfriend and I are avid hikers and decided to take the private guided tour which was the best decision. We could go at our pace and managed to take a dip in the lake and lounge in the hot springs. Nas was amazing at keeping us motivated during the really grueling parts of the climbs and went over and above to make sure we were happy and comfortable.

One of the best things for me was to hear how highly Nas spoke of the company he worked for and his boss in Mr. Sultan. I love hearing employees saying how kind their boss is to them and Nas told us on more than one occasion that Mr Sultan is so kind to his staff and that lots of porters want to work for him.

We are so blessed to have had this experience and so grateful to Nas for making our time so enjoyable.

A few tips:

- don't under estimate how cold it gets at the top. Bring beanie, gloves, plenty warm gear and a head torch

- we wish we had taken walking sticks. The walk to the summit is so sandy and very tough - walking sticks would have helped so much

- bring wet wipes. It gets so sandy and dusty and having wet wipes helps clean and keep you feeling somewhat refreshed.

- be prepared to sweat. In 3 days we walked 40km so you need change of clothing as you get super sweaty

We highly recommend this amazing company.

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Boyfriend and I booked the 3 day 2 night hike with this company after reading it's positive reviews on TA.

The evening before the hike we had a flight into Lombok from Yogyakarta, which ended up being delayed hour after hour. Because pick up from the airport to the Rinjani hotel had already been arranged, we contacted the owner explaining, and he was very patient and understanding with us, reassured us not to worry, and that he would send out another taxi driver for us so that the other group being picked up didn't have to wait.

In the end, our flight was delayed by 4 hours and yet the drivers were still happily waiting for us the other end.

A basic breakfast and night in the hotel is included in the price. We then travelled by truck with the porters to the start of the trek.

At first our guide seemed shy and quiet, however he spoke more as the day went on. Food on the first day was very tasty, however I was served chicken when I had already emailed the owner prior to the hike explaining I was vegetarian. He reassured me that I needn't worry as they cook vegetarian dishes anyway. So I let the first time pass as a one-off error.

The hike on the first day was by far the easiest - I guess you have the most energy! We got to the crater rim before the porters so had to wait around for a bit. Dinner was tasty and the views from camp, spectacular.

The next morning you wake up at 2am to hike to the summit. You get given an essential 'light breakfast' which was a meat pot noodle - so I had to go hungry.

The climb to the top was the toughest thing I've ever done - we had read the reviews beforehand but you don't realise the determination needed until you face it yourself. The only downside here was our guide literally raced ahead and didn't wait for us to help not encourage us. He sort of left us to our own device, whereas other guides were seen always making sure everyone was ok and nobody was left behind at regular intervals. This seemed to be a regular occurrence on the 2nd and 3rd day.

Also a side note - it was freezing at the top. We are backpackers without any winter gear so we're frozen! Make sure you pack thermals! Other groups were offered hot tea at the top but we weren't.

The view from the top is amazing and well worth it. After trekking back down, we were looking forward to a good breakfast, only to be served a burger and pancake. Again I had to remind the guide I don't eat meat, so I could only eat the pancake and some pineapple he had offered me as a 'replacement'. Up until lunch I really struggled with the hike due to being very hungry.

This unfortunately became quite an issue over the 3 days - the guide continually forgot (or maybe didn't understand?) that vegetarians don't eat meat. I understand it's not his fault, nor the porters (they are all excellent), however down to the owner who reassured us there would be ample vegetarian food, and that they mainly "only cook vegetarian food anyway".

The lunch break on the second day is your real chance to take a well-earned break in front of the lake. Other meal times are quite rushed before you have to set off again, so make the most of it!

Overall the 3 days hike is very tough - don't underestimate it - but if you have the mental determination it is definitely an experience not to be missed. The final day again there was confusion over the food (spaghetti bolognaise), however by this point I felt more like a nuisance having to constantly remind the group I don't eat meat, and felt the guide was annoyed with me, as if I were just being fussy?

We did get to most stops before he porters, however we were apparently quite a fast group. The food issue, plus our guide running ahead the whole time let this company down. If you are vegetarian or have food intolerances, maybe go with a more established company who may understand it more. I was disappointed with the owner having given him plenty of notice that I was vegetarian.

Overall a great hiking experience!

1  Thank Emma P