“Great find”
Review of Sabor Latino

Sabor Latino
Reserve with OpenTable
Sabor Latino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 137 Restaurants in Weston
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

Waiter was very friendly and informative.

We ordered two authentic Peruvian meals and then added the ceviche on recommendation.

The ceviche was huge. Full of fish, shrimp and calamari. Was a large appetizer for two. Was fresh and tasted great.

After the ceviche, our meals came out.
Had churrasco a la chimichurri (steak, mashed potatoes and chimichuri sauce). Was large portion and tasted great.

Also had the chicken tacu tacu (sautéed chicken and vegetables on a patty of fried rice and beans). Again a large portion with everything tasting great.

Either come with a huge appetite or plan for leftovers.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

I had dinner here with two friends last Sunday. I had chosen this place as a central location between us that wasn't a chain restaurant, the menu sounded interesting (though the website appears to be disabled at the moment!), and there were plenty of positive Google reviews. Located in a strip mall, it has a fairly simple casual atmosphere, and I asked for a table on the waterside patio out back. We started with a pisco mojito, a regular mojito, and some Peruvian brand bottled ale. These were served with a complimentary little bowl of cancha (toasted crunchy corn), a perfect salty bar snack. My pisco mojito was tasty, with lots of fresh crushed mint. Good enough that I had a second one during the meal. We asked about the ceviche, and were recommended to try a new special off-menu. I don't recall what it was called, but it was a Peruvian sort of play on a maki roll, with ceviche wrapped in a thin sheet of soft potato, sliced up like maki, and artfully drizzled with a savory sauce. We made short work of that, and ordered our dinners. I had pescado a lo macho (sea bass with seafood on top in a mild red chili sauce). The bass was very slightly overcooked, but still tasted good, and the seafood (squid, scallops, shrimp) was fresh and delicious. I might have enjoyed a bit more spicy heat to the sauce, but I was so busy eating it, I didn't bother to ask. One friend had the parihuela, a hearty Peruvian fish & seafood soup. I didn't taste that, but it looked and smelled amazing, and I was a little envious. She enjoyed every morsel and drop. I can't recall what my other friend ate, but he cleaned his plate too, so it must've been good. Our meals came with a choice of quinoa salad or quinoa "risotto." The quinoa salad was the clear winner, mixed with spring greens and a young tangy feta-like cheese. The quinoa "risotto" was the only dish we didn't inhale. It was pretty mild and flavorless compared to the rest of the meal. The three of us also shared one giant slice of lucuma cake for dessert. That was dense, moist and very rich, and had a dulche de leche sort of flavor. A few bites, while absolutely fantastic, were more than enough to cap off our feast. Our server, Gino, turned out to also be the owner. His initial greeting was perhaps slightly aloof yet professional, but he warmed up to us throughout the meal, and by the end, he was joking and chatting and proudly talking with us about Peruvian food and history and showing us photos of Vinicunca and Machu Picchu and other Peruvian scenery on his phone, and he offered us a small digestif of neat pisco after our meal. Our bill for four cocktails, two beers, an appetizer, three entrees, and a dessert came to less than $150, which I felt was well worth it. Overall, it was a wonderful experience, and I will absolutely dine here again. Thank you, Gino, for the fantastic meal and friendly hospitality!

Reviewed 1 March 2018

The food was okay, not great. The service was slow, but not horrid. I prefer places with good food and servers who seem to care that we enjoy the experience. Perhaps my expectations were too high, having dined in numerous South American restaurants in South America where the servers are friendly and the food is outstanding.

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were looking for a restaurant. Any restaurant. We were in the area working hurricane claims. We decided to try this restaurant because it was open. We have never had Peruvian food before. Our server was very nice and very knowledgeable and took plenty of time to explain Peruvian food and culture and wine. The food was spectacular. I would recommend this location to anyone in the area.

We return to Florida last week, but the Miami area. Based on our proving an experience in Weston, we ate Peruvian food several times. It was good, but Sabor is better.

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Food was great. Waiter took time to explain the different dishes to us. Food was plentiful and delicious.