Disney's Vero Beach Resort
      • Pool
      Good 3.5/5
      Reviews (1 264)
      1 264 results
      All reviewsdvc membersmini golfcabin roomcharacter breakfastcast memberspirate shipdisney vacation clubdisney propertieswelcome homemain buildingcamp firedisney magicdisney qualityshutters restauranthilton headkids activitiesgreen room
      FilterAll languages
      8 - 13 of 1 264 reviews
      Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Caitlyn at the front desk is amazing. We arrived early and have an 11 month old who was having a hard time. She was so kind and gave us such helpful information to keep him entertained. She also had our luggage fetched and stored so we could have room in our car to go grocery shopping!!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
      Disney-Parks-Resorts, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Vero Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Walt once said “I’m not the perfectionist anymore. It’s my staff – they’re the ones always insisting on doing something better and better.” It definitely seems this quote embodies everything Caitlyn stands for, and I’m thrilled you had the pleasure of spending some time with her. I totally understand having a little one who just isn’t having it, so getting key information to help keep him occupied is extremely helpful. Thanks for taking the time to share some kind words for her, and I’ll be sure to share them with her Leaders as well so they too know she went above and beyond to ensure a magical stay. We can’t wait to see you back for a little more fun in the sun.

Brittany

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is our third time staying at the Vero Beach Resort. This was our first time since the room and dining remodel. They did a fantastic job with both. The new pool bar and market make a lot of sense. The new restaurant was much better than the previous two.

Service is always great, great location with a huge clean beach. The hotel is perfect size and never has a rushed or overcrowded feel.

Basically the best way I can describe this place is “all the nice amenities you get from staying at a deluxe on property Disney world resort but never use because the parks distract your time.” Replace theme parks with the ocean and you have this resort.

My wife and I traveled here with our 2 teenage boys as well as our 9 year old son and 7 year old daughter. There is a great variety of activities for all of us to do together and plenty for them for each of their age groups.

Vero Beach is not super touristy and the resort isn’t huge. This gives a nice relaxed vibe. I would like to come back and so would the rest of my family.

We did the kayak excursion, bike ride and fishing. We enjoyed them all. The kids get to keep the fishing poles and enjoyed using them again daily.

Oh, skip the Pirate dinner. Brutal I am not knocking off any stars for my review because everything else is so good. Pirate Dinner = not worth doing even for half the price.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
      2  Thank Matthew S

If there is one thing I couldn’t agree more with from your review, it is this: “all the nice amenities you get from staying at a Deluxe on property Disney World Resort but never use because the Parks distract your time.” There is so much excitement and hustle and bustle throughout the Theme Parks and Water Parks that sometimes our Guests don’t ever get to enjoy everything the Resorts have to offer. I just love going to the Front Desk and getting a schedule of activities throughout my stay so I can optimize my time. I’ve never actually had a chance to visit Vero Beach, but from the reviews I have read, it is definitely on my “must see” list.

I can tell also by your review that the size of this Resort is not too bit, not too small, but just right! Big enough that there is something to do for everyone, but small enough that it never feels overcrowded or too touristy. Thanks for telling us all about your family’s oceanside escape. We can’t wait to see you back for a little more R & R.

Brittany

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

First time visit-The Resort is beautiful and very clean. Staff were extremely nice. We had a Studio Inn Room and worked well for our family. We had a standard view, but ended up with a view of the ocean. There were Disney elements, but it was definitely a more Florida beach vibe if that makes sense. The noseeums that I was so worried about after reading reviews was not a problem for any of us. We were out at sunset without bug spray too. The beach crew was consistently amazing. The pool entertainment was perfect for the kids. I would have given 5 stars, but we did have a few complaints: our mattress was awful. Seemed like the coils were broken-pretty uncomfortable. The pirate Dinner was not worth the price whatsoever. The food was mediocre at best, the entertainment was borderline obnoxious. We noticed a few families get up and leave early. While we appreciate the effort trying to incorporate the typical Disney Character meal, it just wasn’t good. Also the food at the resort, in general, wasn’t great. Luckily, we rented a car and drove out to area restaurants. We had some fabulous meals that way. I think by the end of the 5th day, we were missing the parks. We will definitely be back though! We will just plan on eating food outside of the resort and maybe doing a split stay with WDW.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
      Disney-Parks-Resorts, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Vero Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

A beautiful review for a beautiful locale – we simply couldn’t ask for more. Thank you so much for letting us know about the crests and falls in your stay with us. It’s always wonderful to know how our Cast Members make a difference for Guests and to see that our soft, seaside ambiance really suited your family’s style.

I’m sorry to know that our dining options left much to be desired. When embarking on a retreat to sandy beaches, places to enjoy varied and delicious meals are certainly expected to be part of the charm and it’s disappointing to fall short in this manner. The state of your bedding is also unfortunate, as a comfy place to lay your head each night or relax during an afternoon nap is so important to the real vacation experience. I’ve been sure to share these thoughts with Resort Leadership so they can look into improvements that may need to happen. I hope you know that our Front Desk Cast Members are always ready to assist in any way possible, so if you have an experience like this in the future, please don’t hesitate to let us know and we will do whatever we can to make your visit more comfortable.

I’m elated that the local spots near Vero Beach helped provide great eats during your stay and that you’ll be back to enjoy more strolls along the waves. We’ll be happy to have you back here or at any of our Disney Resorts should you want to add that extra Theme Park excitement to your visit!

Holly

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We love this area. Lots of nature and water related sports. The resort is close to a lot of things. Easy area to get around but must have a car as everything is spread out. The resort is usual Disney class act. Restaurant is very good. Mini golf a nice perk for kids.

Stayed: March 2018
      Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Just stayed at Vero Beach Resort and loved it. It was relaxing, in a very nice area and the beach and view was amazing. It is not close to any “tourist” areas which honestly is nice. It’s not Beach busy like Cocoa or Daytona. I stayed two nights, enjoyed the ocean, drove north to pelican island, went to Cham-painting and painted a picture of the ocean with sea turtles. Plenty of shells available on the beach and a ton of activities available at the resort. I would advise purchasing snacks, drinks and necessities before leaving the mainland as there is nowhere nearby to get these items. I hope to return, maybe as soon as November.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
      Disney-Parks-Resorts, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Vero Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Getting away from it all for a few nights can be one of the most rewarding ways to vacation! And being off the mainland is our preferred way to do things around here.

I'm glad you were able to take in some of the local atmosphere in addition to just relaxing around the Resort with us. Collecting seashells by the seashore surely calms me and I'm thrilled it did the same for you.

We'll be looking for you in November by our campfire.

Janet