“Wonderful meal by the water”

Dockside Waterfront Grill
Ranked #26 of 253 Restaurants in Venice
Description: Casual Waterfront Dining & Authentic Florida Charm. Located at US 41 bypass in the historic Fisherman‘s Wharf Marina. Seasonal, locally sourced produce & seafood; a menu with something for everyone, and the daily show of memorable Florida sunsets. Happiest Hours all day & all night & fresh-fruit frozen cocktails! Live music under our Tiki Hut during the weekends & the Gecko's Hospitality Group family of restaurant's exceptional hospitality. A favorite of Locals and visitors alike.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We deciided to take our visitors out fir fish. We arrived about 7 PM and were told it would be an hour and 15 minutes wait. We decided to wait bt the marina, watching the boats and the birds. The Nina and Int, replica sailing ships, were in port so there was lots to look at. We called by beeper after an hour’s wait. We had been listening to the live music from a distance and suddenly we were just one table away. We ordered our meals and we realized our wait was worth it. The calamari, lobster roll, scallops and grouper were awesome.

1  Thank RonDenise

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Sizable restaurant provides plenty of seating at non-peak times. The food is pretty standard fare of seafood choices. Prices are high appropriate to a premium location. We were a little disappointed that it is indoor as opposed to open air, though this might be better in the rain or intense heat. I categorize this restaurant as glad I went but will try something else next time.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful experience here. I had the shrimp dinner. My granddaughter had the grouper bites which were very large and fresh. My daughter had the blackened scallops. They were over spiced so they redid them. The staff is so friendly and attentive. I’d recommend this restaurant highly

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We arrived by boat, one spot left for us on the dock. Perfect! Place was busy but only had to wait 5 minuets. There was music playing in the entrance a couple of guys. They were really good! We had a table for 6 of us. Overlooking the marina. Very nice.
The guys got a bucket of rum drink. I had a beer, refreshing and the grouper tacos with rice and black beans. Very good! Others had BLT, fish and chips, grouper bites and crab cake sliders. Everything was very tasty and prepared nicely. We have been here a couple of times before it was Geckos. Seems we like this god and menu much better!

GHospitality, Manager at Dockside Waterfront Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Thank you for your kind words joining us as our guest at Dockside, which is the newest sibling in the Gecko’s Hospitality Group family restaurants. We look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

The service was friendly and timely. I had the Caesar Salad which was really good, I also had the blackened shrimp and scallops. The scallops were so mushy I couldn’t eat them. I suspect they were frozen and set out too long. The blackened seasoning was too strong. My husband had fish tacos and he liked them. Not someplace to impress visitors.

Sandy, We are glad to know your husband enjoyed our fresh fish tacos. But we are sorry that you did not enjoy your scallops, which we have delivered fresh. Please know that our managers are on duty and on the floor constantly to address anything for of our guests on the spot ... we want to make your experience while you are in the restaurant exceptional.We hope next time you enjoy our beautiful waterfront view and fresh seafood that you will let any of us know how we can serve you better.