“Wonderful experience”

Leepa-Rattner Museum of Art
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Located on the Tarpon Springs Campus of St. Petersburg College, the Leepa-Rattner Museum of Art is a modern and contemporary art museum featuring works from the 20th and 21st centuries.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was our first time here but not our last. Very impressed with the exhibits and the great Docent, Lyn who told of the story behind so many items displayed. Exhibits change on a regular basis so you will see things not shown before.

1  Thank Donald G
"sculptures"
"galleries"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 13 March 2018

Our Docent was Larry. He kept the 20 of us very entertained by telling short stories about each of the pieces of art painted by Abraham Rattner, Esther Gentle and Allen Leepa. Rattner painted reactions to many of the events of the 20th century. His wife, Esther Gentle was a printmaker, sculptor and painter and her son, Allen Leepa, was an abstract expressionist painter and author. A very interesting 2 hours if you like art and museums. Other non-permanent displays were also available for your viewing and educational entertainment.

1  Thank Bob M
Lilian N, Public Relations Manager at Leepa-Rattner Museum of Art, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Thank you so much for your review! We are very pleased that you enjoyed your visit and the tour so much.

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

This was my first visit and I was impressed with every aspect of the experience. I was welcomed and given the information needed to begin exploring. The Steven Kenny exhibit was fantastic and made me want to learn more about the artist and the stories behind his works. The permanent exhibit was fascinating. I enjoyed learning about Abraham Rattner, seeing examples of the important works that influenced him and then the art and connections to this area. Finally, I was blown away by Pierre Spalaikovitch’s The Many Faces of Truth. A Homage to Dali. I wish I hadn’t waited so long to visit and am already looking forward to the next opportunity.

1  Thank dragonflytw65

Thank you so much for your review! We are very pleased that you enjoyed your visit so much. Please come again.

Reviewed 1 March 2018

The surroundings here are lovely and well worth the trip. Saw a stunning show by Steven Kenny and really well presented additional exhibits. The staff was incredibly friendly and very knowledgeable about the work they show. Even the ground are welcoming..

Thank you so much for your review! We are very pleased that you enjoyed your visit. Please come again.

See more reviews
Reviewed 22 January 2018

I went to see this place as an assignment for an art class I was taking at St Pete College. I had seen the place from outside a few times and didn't expect to see that much. But once I got inside the place was much bigger than I expected. It was beautiful inside with a variety of rooms to visit with so much amazing art. I never expected that I would spend so much time there or enjoy the place so much. I have never been a big fan of art until this visit. And it isn't just a place to look at. There are hands on things to do and presentation to listen to all the while you are learning. I highly recommend this place to anyone with an hour or more time to visit. For SPC students it is free, but for the public I believe the price was under $10. They change exhibits regularly and you can find out what is current by visiting their website.

1  Thank pgrierson2015
Lilian N, Public Relations Manager at Leepa-Rattner Museum of Art, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2018

Thank you so much for your review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your visit. Please come back and tell all your friends! Our special exhibitions change several times each year.