“Unique and wonderful”
Review of Ulele

Ulele
Reserve with OpenTable
Ulele is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 2 599 Restaurants in Tampa
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Native-inspired foods & spirits. Intricately flavored, visually appealing dishes prepared on our round 10’ barbacoa grill. On-site brewery. On the Hillsborough River in Tampa Heights, 400 yards from the Straz Center. Lunch & dinner served daily. Outdoor bar and outdoor seating with waterfront views. Beer and cocktails may be ordered to go and served in a special cup, which allows guests to drink legally along the 2.4-mile Tampa Riverwalk. Closed Thanksgiving & Christmas. A second location is at Tampa International Airport, in Airside C, with Southwest and Frontier Airlines. Please see our website for the most current menu.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We had a business dinner at Ulele and we were all so pleased! Great atmosphere, diverse, unique menu, and the Florida Mojito was AMAZING! Would highly recommend!’

Write a ReviewReviews (1 428)

22 - 26 of 1 429 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

WARNING new cook/chef! STAY AWAY till they get the kinks figured out. Went there last night with my wife and our friend to celebrate her birthday. Fly flew into our glass of wine (forgivable but gross). My wife ordered the Mahi Travino the waiter came out and had to apologize the 'kitchen is out of mahi' (Again, forgivable). After discuss it was agreed the kitchen would simply make the dish with Tuna steak. Our appetizer salads came out and roughly 2 minutes later our meals came out when we still had plenty of salad to eat. At this point our waiter apologized for the timeliness of the meals but asked if everything was ok? My meatloaf didn't come with the white cheddar mash potatoes so I had to wait for those to come out. In addition, my wife's order was brought out as the Yellowfin tuna dish. Again the waiter came over and said 'I am so sorry, I will go have them make you a new dish of Mahi Travino with Tuna Steak.' Instead of making a new dish they just grabbed the Tuna from the previous dish and placed it on a new plate and I know they did this because IT STILL HAD THE PUMPKIN SEED CRUST on it from the Yellowfin Tuna dish. In the end we have room temp meatloaf, Mahi Travino with a pumpkin seed crusted tuna steak, and the annoying debate of 'do I finish my salad and let me food get cold or try to eat both at the same time..The waiter did apologize many times and just kept saying 'we have a new chef so we are working out the kinks'. This was on a Tuesday night, I can't imagine how bad it will be on a busy weekend. If you are going to spend 40-60$ a person go somewhere else at least for the next couple months.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

While I was walking the Riverwalk I waited a few minutes to try a beer or two here.
I watched as the owner flushed a stack of taps. He explained that he follows Reinheitsgebot and stressed the importance of cleaning the lines. This took out one side and a beer or two I wanted to try but I the end happy to have tried another.
Tried the Cannonball IPA. The best IPA ( in my opinion) I've had in Tampa. Slightly sweet, intensely hoppy. Outstanding.
Then the Rusty's Red. An excellent red ale.
The service and people were outstanding.
I look forward to returning.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I recommend this restaurant to everyone I know who visits Tampa. It’s an amazing restaurant with a truly authentic experience. It’s worth the trip just to relax on their lawn and enjoy one of their craft beers (brewed on site of course—the wedding beer is my favorite). The outdoor bar area has a gorgeous view of the water and their special commissioned sculpture of the restaurant’s namesake really elevates the space.

However, if you decide to stay for dinner too, you are in for a treat. The menu does a great job of highlighting local, native, and seasonal Florida foods. Personally, I can’t get enough of their seafood offerings.

The atmosphere and location are great. The restaurant is housed in the old waterworks building, which lends a historic and industrial feel. Being so close to the new bike trail and public park/concert venue is a real plus. It’s places like this that are making Tampa a city to watch.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was our first visit to Ulele and was not at all disappointed. The service was excellent. I was impressed with how quickly our food came out considering how busy they were. The food was excellent and I was pleased with the unique options available. The manager stopped by and said hello. An overall good experience.

Been to Ulele? Share your experiences!