9 people are viewing this hotel
1 902
1 019
1 902
1 019
All reviews the concierge lounge convention center amalie arena water view valet parking the river walk beautiful hotel lobby bar ybor city hockey game city view valet service carl fuller waterside conference riverwalk
Selected filters
9 - 14 of 3 510 reviews
Reviewed 20 February 2021

This was our second visit to Tampa within 2 1/2 years. Stayed here both times. I had a positive memory of our last stay and was not disappointed this time.

Our room was very clean which is huge for me. I felt extremely comfortable here. Had a water view room which added to the enjoyment of our overnight stay. Jennifer helped with our phone reservation prior to arrival and happily she checked us in on arrival. High points for her customer service skills. Had a drink and meal at Anchor and Brine. Jimmy was friendly and hospitable. Breakfast service with Marco was quite enjoyable. During our stay we encountered only one associate who was not helpful.

Based on our visit, I highly recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank JMG6219
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at Tampa Marriott Water Street, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

Dear JMG6219,

Thank you for returning to Tampa Marriott Water Street. The highest compliment we can receive is a guest who keeps coming back time after time! We are so glad you continue to enjoy our hospitality, comfortable accommodations, and amazing views. We are thrilled to hear that Jennifer, Jimmy, and Marco made your experience even more special. We will make sure to share your kind words with them. Once again, we greatly appreciate you choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again whenever your travels bring you back to the Tampa Bay area.

Best Regards,
Jonathan Medley
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 12 February 2021 via mobile

Arrived to find out that the room we reserved was not available, was told to walk across the street and try the other Marriott. Was finally given a room. The balcony was filthy, the chairs, the table and the ground. Had to wear shoes to prevent black feet. Absolutely no drawers for clothing. Was told that there was no daily room cleaning and to call down for towels and necessities. No one responded.
Was told at check-in that breakfast was included since the concierge's lounge was closed. We waited up to an hour for the breakfast to be delivered to the table in the lobby. Received a $300 bill at check out for breakfast. They refused to do anything about this charge.
The valet ruined our car top carrier when pulling into the second floor of the garage even though on the tag it said first floor only. Still waiting for compensation on this carrier. Was not even told about it until we were ready to leave. The hotel claimed they have nothing to do with Valet, that it was a separate company. Would have liked to have been prepared with duct tape and garbage bags to prevent our suitcases from getting soaking wet from the ride home.

The management was rude, and really not up to Marriott standards.
One of the worst Marriott customer service experiences in a long time. I guess being an Ambassador Elite means nothing to the management in this hotel.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Theskeem
Michael Peral, Guest Services / Front Office at Tampa Marriott Water Street, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2021

Dear Theskeem,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the troubles you experience. If you can please reach out to me directly at Michael.Peral@Marriott.com, I will be happy to further review your concerns.

Michael Peral
Assistant Front Desk Manager
Tampa Marriott Water Street

Reviewed 12 February 2021

Check in: Easily one of the best check in experiences I've had in a long time. The front desk agent was very thorough and proactive about providing information. Usually they don't bother these days but I was even more impressed on this occasion because she had just had her tonsils out and her throat was giving her grief but she still wanted to make sure I got a good experience.

Room: Loved the concept of a well being room but there was zero information about what the various features did and how they benefit well being. I turned the air con off but there was a vent up near the ceiling that continued to blow out cold air strongly regardless. Sound proofing is terrible. A lot of noise comes through the door ways. I had two nights of terrible sleep and this is a deal breaker for me - at the very least a hotel needs to provide me with a good sleep. It was way too noisy. A loud American man bellowing instead of talking in the room on one side and on the other side a person who set their alarm to go off every two minutes after hitting snooze and they did this for half an hour before finally getting up. I tried laying a towel at the "crack" under the door but it didn't really help. On the upside the room was clean though.

Restaurant - only one is open at the moment and if you get the elite breakfast, you need to go across the road to the JW Marriott to order it and consume it. It's not terribly far but it's not convenient either. The in-house restaurant is laugh out loud terrible service. Even in the North East the Massholes don't treat their customers so poorly. Waitstaff were rude and unhelpful, host was rude and unhelpful. The host was even around for a significant period of time. I booked my stay on points and wanted to make sure I spent money at the hotel. There was no spa so I was really left with dining and after the terrible experience last night, I can't bring myself to go back again. The food at least was tasty.

Unfortunately the exemplary check in experience couldn't save this stay, not recommended.

Date of stay: February 2021
3  Thank MsHellfire

Dear MsHellfire,

Thank you for your review on experience at the Tampa Marriott Water Street. We greatly appreciate your kind words regarding our Front Office team and check in experience. Please accept our sincere apologies that your great experience stop once leaving our desk. We will be adjusting your concern we our team and grow from this. We hope to welcome you back in the near future to show our improvements.

Reviewed 5 January 2021

The Marriott Water Street is a large hotel downtown near the convention center and is in a walkable area. The rooms are nice and I'd suggest one with a balcony. The elevators were fast. Check in was slow and no mention of being a Bonvoy lifetime platinum was made nor was there an elite line open for check in.

I was assigned a noisy room with 2 queens by the elevator. Pretty typical room assignment these days. The drunks in the hallway at 200am Saturday were a joy. A pizza box was left Sunday morning at some point by the elevator trash can. The same box was there when I left Monday morning. Covid excuses or not things like that need addressed. A maid came in unannounced on me about Noon Sunday. No knock. She got an eyeful as I was dressing then. She seemed surprised the room was occupied. She left never to return.

The room was clean and in good order. Covid protocols were fine. The food at the outdoor patio bar was very good as was the service. I'd return here but there are something that are easily fixable that need attention. I expect to be "Bonvoyed" anymore sadly, this preperty was no exception.

Date of stay: January 2021
3  Thank rebelyell
Michael Peral, Guest Services / Front Office at Tampa Marriott Water Street, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2021

Dear Rebelyell,

Thank you for your feedback. On behalf of our staff, here at Tampa Marriott Water Street, please accept our sincere apologies for falling short on a few aspects of our stay. The experience you described is not characteristic of the level of service our associates strive to provide. Should your travels bring you back to the Tampa area, we would look forward to having the opportunity to host you for a much improved experience

Reviewed 3 January 2021 via mobile

Had a wonderful time here. Although very disappointed that the concierge lounge is still closed for Elite Members as well as two of their three restaurants the stay was quite nice. Jospeh took very good care of us with our upgraded balcony suite with a view. Thank you for that Joseph.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank mspflys

Dear mspflys,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your time in the Tampa Bay area. Having a guest stay with us again is the biggest compliment we can receive. We work hard to make your stay as comfortable and welcoming as it can be, so when you choose to return it confirms our efforts are focused in the right direction. We are so glad to hear that Jospeh was able to provide you with an upgraded room with an amazing view. Once again, thank you for being our guest. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Best Regards,