“Skydiving without the plane!”

iFLY Indoor Skydiving - Tampa
Tampa Indoor Skydiving Experience
Ranked #4 of 72 Fun & Games in Tampa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Ever dream of flying? Now you can at iFLY Indoor Skydiving in Tampa. Experience the thrill of skydiving without having to jump from a perfectly good airplane - no falling, no parachutes, just you floating on a smooth cushion of air with our professional instructor right next to you. No special skills are needed, just a sense of adventure. iFLY is safe for kids 3 and up, fun for the entire family, and perfect for birthday parties or groups. iFLY is the experience of a lifetime.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We've been thinking of doing sky diving, but the idea is a little scary. A co-worker suggested going to iFLY instead. It was a great experience for the whole family! Must add the "high flight" at least once.

Date of experience: January 2018
Danielle O, General Manager at iFLY Indoor Skydiving - Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Angela

Reviews like this fuel our passion and make us try better every single day. We are constantly hard at work doing everything we can to deliver an unforgettable experience to every one of our customers.

It’s so rewarding to hear you enjoyed your first time in the tunnel! This isn’t just a once in a lifetime experience – it’s a skill that’s meant to be developed and improved upon often, so we hope you’ll consider us again in the future!

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"short video"
"bucket list"

Reviewed 28 June 2018

I flew at the iFly facility in Denver in 2011, and had an absolute blast! Sadly, there aren't any locations near where I live. On our recent Florida vacation, though, We were in Tampa, and my cousin suggested that we take my 10-year-old daredevil of a daughter. She was all about it ("so down with that hoedown", as she puts it!) We booked the evening before, arrived while a birthday party was flying. We had a bit of a wait, but not too long, and we spent that time watching as the anticipation grew. We were led through our training, suiting up, and flights by Dave, with whom it was a pleasure to fly.When we entered the tube, he kept us in control, and was able to lead us through all of the skills. My daughter, it turns out, is a natural skydiver! We all did the high flight at the end of our final flight. My wife and cousin were there taking photos and video (at which the staff didn't bat an eye, which is great, as they sell photo/video packages, and this cuts into their bottom line.) It was exhilarating! If I can't go actual skydiving, I would absolutely fly with iFly again!

Andy,

We really appreciate that you took the time to share details about your recent visit to our location. We strive to provide the very best experience here at iFLY, and we are so happy to hear that we made that possible for you and your family.

If you haven’t followed us on social media yet, please do so! We have a ton of events and promos we’d love to invite you back for. Thank you, iFLY Flight Team.

Best,

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

On Friday the 15th of June 2018, my family surprised me with iFLY. It was my early birthday gift, I really was surprised. The staff was very polite and friendly as I walked through the door, everyone had a big smile. The Check-In presses was very easy and fast. The instructor Richard M. had a very positive attitude, from start to finish. I went into a room where I learned the DO’s and DON’Ts. Then, it was GO time. Richard lead me into the staging area, to prepare for flight. I was on deck, it was my time to FLY. I fell into the wind, it felt like I was floating in mid air, it kind of takes your breath away. The experience was so surreal for me, it was like I was Superman. After my flight I learned that they have an adult league, so I decided to try it out, this was on The 18th of June. It was super fun, although I only had enough money for a 5min flight but it was truly a whole nother animal. I got to hone my skills that we worked on Friday. The ONLY downside, it’s so expensive. That Friday I got home, I totally applied as a flight instructor for the Orlando location, the thing that appeals to me, is they train you, even if you don’t have prior experience, which I don’t.
I fell in love with this place. I think this is the longest review I’ve ever posted anywhere. It’s just an environment that is inviting. I urge y’all to try it out. They won’t kick you out just to watch other people fly, I don’t believe. I don’t care even if I’m a driver that controls the FUN. I just want to work here, I love the people interaction. That’s what really keeps me going. Who am I going to see or possibly meet, that day. I pray for all the people who read this.

George Humphrey
2nd Timothy 1:7

Date of experience: June 2018
Danielle O, General Manager at iFLY Indoor Skydiving - Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

George,

Reviews like this fuel our passion and make us try better every single day!

Our goal is to make you a part of our family and make you feel welcome every single time as you progress your flight skills.

Thanks!

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Indoor skydiving is great at ifly in Tampa. Everyone young and old can do it and it’s so much fun! Add to bucket list.

Date of experience: May 2018
Danielle O, General Manager at iFLY Indoor Skydiving - Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Nicolle,

It’s so rewarding to hear you enjoyed your first time in the tunnel. This isn’t just a once in a lifetime experience – it’s a skill that’s meant to be developed and improved upon often, so we hope you’ll consider us again in the future!

Best!

See more reviews
Reviewed 18 June 2018

What a fun place to be! The staff are so friendly and nice, Katherine was an excellent instructor. Not only was she knowledgeable, but she was enthusiastic. You can tell everyone there loves their job. The flying was so exciting and I can't wait to go back. I recommend adding the fly high and simulator to your experience. It kicked the excitement up a few notches. I suggest you wear sneakers, clothes you can easily slide a jumpsuit over, and if you have long hair you might wanna french braid it. I had a low pony tail and my hair was a tangled mess after. So worth it though.

Jen,

Reviews like this fuel our passion and make us try better every single day! We are constantly hard at work doing everything we can to deliver an unforgettable experience to every one of our customers.

Best!